This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Monahan has shown his sculptures at various galleries, collections, and museums, including the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art, the Chinese European Art Center in Xiamen, Bureau Stedelijk in Amsterdam, The National Center for Art in St. Petersburg, Russia, the Royal Academy and the Saatchi Gallery in London, and Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, The Stedelijk Museum and the Fries Museum, all in the Netherlands.
In 1999, Monahan participated in both the Liverpool and LA International Biennials.
- Jonathan Griffin (October 2007). Matthew Monahan: Sculpture and anthropology from the school of hard knocks. Frieze.
- Vitamin 3-D : new perspectives in sculpture and installation. ISBN 9780714868578.
- [s.n.] (2010). Matthew Monahan [Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 26 July - 27 October 2007]. Museum of Contemporary Art. ISBN 9781933751023.
- Elena Filipovic (2010) Creamier: contemporary art in culture: 10 curators, 100 contemporary artists, 10 sources. Phaidon. ISBN 9780714856834.
- Review in The New York Times
- Official website