Nash playing for Central Coast Mariners Youth in 2008
|Full name||Matthew Ian Nash|
|Date of birth||3 April 1981|
|Place of birth||Sydney, Australia|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Central Coast Mariners (goalkeeping coach)|
|2006–2008||APIA Leichhardt Tigers|
|2008–2010||Central Coast Mariners||0||(0)|
|2008||→ Adelaide United (loan)||0||(0)|
|2009||→ Penrith Nepean United (loan)||14||(0)|
|2010||APIA Leichhardt Tigers||26||(0)|
|2013–2014||Bonnyrigg White Eagles||45||(0)|
|2014–2015||Central Coast Mariners||2||(0)|
|2015–||Central Coast Mariners (goalkeeping coach)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 November 2014.
Nash played for Port Kembla in the Illawarra League, before moving to NSW Premier League side APIA Leichhardt Tigers in 2007. After winning the 2007 Johnny Warren Cup, APIA missed out on a finals place, finishing fifth.
After trialling with Sydney FC in the 2007 pre-season, Nash was offered a short-term contract for the 2007–08 A-League season as cover for injured reserve keeper Ivan Necevski. On 9 September 2007, he made his A-League debut in place of Clint Bolton who was on international duty. His strong performance impressed, with Nash keeping a clean-sheet. His short-term contract finished on 10 October 2007, on Necevski's return from injury.
Nash signed with the Newcastle Jets to cover for injured keeper Neil Young after the exit of the current replacement keeper Paul Henderson to rivals Central Coast Mariners. Nash made his debut for the club in a 2–0 win over North Queensland Fury.
On 31 October 2012, Nash joined the Newcastle Jets for a second stint, providing injury cover for Ben Kennedy who underwent knee surgery, and Mark Birighitti who fractured his cheekbone. This left only Nash and youth player Jack Duncan as Newcastle's goalkeepers.
On 28 July 2014 the Central Coast Mariners confirmed that Nash would be joining the team on a two-year contract at the conclusion of the 2014 NPL NSW Men's 1 season. On 7 July 2015 it was announced that Nash would retire as a goalkeeper and become the club's goalkeeping coach following the departure of previous goalkeeping coach John Crawley.
- "Tigers roar in 2007 Johnny Warren Cup final". A.P.I.A. Leichhardt Tigers. March 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Perth Glory 0 Sydney FC 0". sydneyfc.com. 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- Michael Cockerill (2007-09-11). "Nash proves a safe pair of hands in Bolton's absence". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Adelaide United sign replacement keeper". Adelaide United. 2008-12-30. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Van Egmond names 19-man squad". Football Federation Australia. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Newcastle Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti to undergo surgery after fracturing cheekbone". AAP. 2012-11-20.
- "Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners".
- "Nash to rejoin Mariners". Football Federation Australia. 28 July 2014.
- "Crawley departs - Nash steps up". Central Coast Mariners. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2015.