|Date of birth||21 July 1988|
|Original team(s)||Calder Cannons (Vic U/18)|
vs. Richmond, at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
|Height / weight||181 cm / 82 kg|
|2008–2010||Sydney Swans||7 (2)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2010.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Formerly of the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup, O'Dwyer was picked as a rookie in the 2007 Rookie Draft at number 30, but was delisted at the end of the year without making senior debut. He was, however, redrafted by Sydney with the tenth selection in the 2008 Rookie Draft.
In 2009, O'Dwyer struggled to break into the senior side until towards the middle of the year when his consistency in the reserves led him to be selected to play the last 4 games of the season. He continued his form into 2010, being named as one of the Swans' best players in their 1-point loss to St Kilda in the 2010 NAB Cup.
In 2010, O'Dwyer played only one game in the senior side and was delisted at the end of the season.
- Hinds, Richard (13 December 2006) Swans give fallen star a chance but NSW kids not in the mix
- Doyle forced to call it quits
- Draft analysis – club by club
- Nicolussi, Christian (8 August 2009) O'Dwyer given a month to impress; The Daily Telegraph
- Morrissey, Tim (18 July 2008) Swans turn to fleet-footed rookie
- Cowley, Michael (3 March 2010) O'Dwyer says it's now or never at Swans
- Matthew O'Dwyer's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|