Maxime Hans Kuczyński
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maxime Hans Kuczyński (2 February 1890–1967) was a German-born Peruvian physician.
Maxime Kuczyński was born near Poznań, then in the Province of Posen within the German Empire, as the son of Emma (née Schlesinger) and Louis Kuczyński, both of Jewish origin. The family moved to Berlin shortly after his birth. He studied medicine and natural science at the University of Rostock. In 1913 he received his degree in philosophy, and in 1919 a degree in medicine.
During World War I, he served in the German army and participated in the Balkans Campaign. In 1924, he received his professorship. After the Nazis came to power he fled to Peru. Between 1924 and 1926 he conducted anthropological research in Central Asia, and later, between 1938 and 1948, in Andes.
His son, Pedro Pablo Kuczynski, born in Lima in 1938, was Prime Minister between 2005 and 2006. A decade later, he became President after winning the second round in June 2016. His American granddaughter, Alex Kuczynski, is a journalist and writer.
- "Social medicine, medical geography and health care for indigenous peoples: "Ethnic Pathology" (Max Kuczynski, 1925) in Germany, Russia, Latin America and beyond". Hsozkult.geschichte.hu-berlin.de. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Wybory w Peru: Kuczynski prowadzi, ale część kart trzeba sprawdzić". Wiadomosci.onet.pl. 9 June 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- Max Hans Kuczynski: Untersuchungen an Trichomonaden. In: Archiv für Protistenkunde, Fischer, Jena, Bd. 33 (1914), S. 119–204.
- "Peru presidential contender is son of Polish Jews who fled Nazis". Timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
- Lawrence K. Altman: Who Goes First? The Story of Self-Experimentation in Medicine. University of California Press, Berkeley 1987, ISBN 0-520-21281-9, S. 4.
- Albert Erhardt: Infektionen, Bd. I (= Ergänzungswerk zum Handbuch der experimentellen Pharmakologie, begründet von Arthur Heffter, herausgegeben von Oskar Eichler, Bd. 16: Erzeugung von Krankheitszuständen durch das Experiment, Teil 9). Springer, Berlin 1964, S. 118.
- Marcos Cueto: Un médico alemán en los Andes: La visión médico-social de Maxime Kuczynski-Godard. In: Allpanchis, Jg. 32 (2000), Themenheft 56: Sanos, enfermos y salvos?, S. 39–74.
|This biographical article related to medicine in Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|