|Developer(s)||Roberto Rosario |
|Initial release||February 3, 2011|
3.3.8 / January 17, 2020
|Type||Document Management System, Groupware, Open source|
|License||Free and open source software Apache License|
Mayan (or Mayan EDMS) is a web-based free/libre document management system for managing documents within an organization.  All functionality is available in its free public version. It has an active community of volunteers and third-party service and support providers.
Its largest installation as of June 2012 is Puerto Rico's main permit agency (20,000+ documents).
History and features
Mayan started as a project whose only requirement was the storage of PDF files for a government agency transitioning to an all electronic registration process and has grown into a general system since then.
It is designed to be easy to migrate to different physical computers. It is written in Python using the Django framework. Features include document versioning, electronic signature verification, multilingual support, discussion tools, user-defined metadata and unique identifiers, and roles support.
- Developer profile
- Mayan initial release commit
- Mayan EDMS version 3.3.7 release notes
- Full feature download
- LogicalDoc versions comparison
- Alfresco versions comparison
- Mayan Google Group
- Mayan contributors list Archived 2013-12-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Worldwide third-party support providers
- Puerto Rico's main permit agency, document count and pagecount
- Fafamonge's Mayan review
- Barry Rowlingson's review conclusion
- Puerto Rico's central permit agency scanning station centered around Mayan
- Mayan case study by SaaS provider Appsembler
- "Document versioning documentation". Archived from the original on 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- Mayan Transifex project page
- Mayan office document support documentation Archived 2013-04-15 at archive.today
- "Mayan permission system". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- FLOSS Weekly episode 253
- Official website
- on YouTube
- Online documentation
- Mayan Google+ page and discussion group
- mayan-edms on GitHub