|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
Mbigou is located in southern Gabon. Nearby towns and villages include Lingoye (3.2 nm), Mougoko (3.2 nm), Mouvindou (2.8 nm), Lebagny (4.0 nm), Sounga (1.4 nm), Mbama (2.2 nm) and Livikou (1.0 nm). A path from Mbigou leads to Kembélé, used by the Nzabi people. This region of Gabon is very densely forested with evergreen trees, especially to the east with the Birougou National Park.
A Roman Catholic Mission and school was established in Mbigou in the early 20th century. The school had considerable importance in this region and students came from surrounding areas to attend it. In the 1990s the town received Canadian investment, with a loan of CFA1.38bn for electrification work and provision of drinking water and also for a hydroelectric scheme in the area.
- Gabon: Sao Tome et Principe. Petit Futé. p. 280. ISBN 978-2-7469-5154-9. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Florence Bernault (June 2003). A history of prison and confinement in Africa. Heinemann. p. 182. ISBN 978-0-325-07125-1. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Bernault, Florence (1999). Enfermement, prison et châtiments en Afrique. KARTHALA Editions. p. 125. ISBN 978-2-86537-946-0. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Dickie, John; Rake, Alan (1 January 1973). Who's Who in Africa: the political, military and business leaders of Africa. African Development. p. 141. ISBN 978-0-9502755-0-5. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Africa Research, Ltd (1993). Africa research bulletin: Economic, financial and technical series. Blackwell. p. 11260. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Marchés tropicaux et méditerranéens. 1993. p. 39. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Warne, Sophie (1 November 2003). Gabon, São Tomé and Príncipe. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 118. ISBN 978-1-84162-073-2. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Pan-African Federation of Film-Makers; Centro orientamento educativo (Italy) (1998). Ecrans d'Afrique. Fédération panafricaine des cinéastes. p. 137. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Musée Barbier-Mueller. Association des amis (2005). Arts and Cultures. The Association of Friends of the Barbier-Mueller Museum. p. 190. ISBN 978-88-7439-229-2. Retrieved 31 March 2012.