Mead School District
|Mead School District|
|2323 E Farwell Rd
Mead, Washington 99021
|Superintendent||Dr. Thomas Rockefeller|
|Enrollment||10,211 (May 2017 )|
|Website||Mead School District|
Mead School District No. 354 is a public school district serving the North Spokane community for over 100 years. Almost 10,000 students attend the 15 schools in the district which consists of two high schools, an alternative high school, a STEM academy, two middle schools, eight elementary schools, and the Mead Education Partnership Program at Five Mile Prairie School House. The Superintendent of the Mead School District is Dr. Thomas Rockefeller, who took office on July 1, 2006.
- Northwood Middle School
- Mountainside Middle School
- Brentwood Elementary School
- Colbert Elementary
- Evergreen Elementary
- Farwell Elementary
- Meadow Ridge Elementary
- Midway Elementary
- Prairie View Elementary
- Shiloh Hills Elementary
- Mead Alternative High School is an innovative and award winning program that affords a small community of selected students a diversity of flexible learning options.
- Five Mile Prairie School House - used by Mead Educational Partnership Program (MEPP). North Star School is affiliated with the Five Mile Prairie School and MEPP.
As a result of the $37.7m bond passed by voters in 2004, the Mead School District completed numerous projects to enhance learning district-wide. The enhancements included the installation of Multimedia LCD Projectors in every classroom in the district, wireless internet access in classrooms, and the purchase of computer equipment.
Along with the passage of the 2004 bond came several construction projects.
- Traffic safety/parking improvements at Colbert, Evergreen, and Meadow Ridge Elementary Schools
- Recarpeting of Mead Education Alternative Department Alternative High School
- Northwood Middle School multi-purpose room addition
- Northwood Middle School, Midway Elementary School, and M.E.A.D. security system upgrades
- Renovation of the Five Mile School house
- Prairie View Elementary, the district's eighth elementary school.
- Mountainside Middle School, the district's second middle school.