A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MeaningCloud extends the concept of semantic API with a cloud-based framework that makes the integration of semantic processing into any system something close to a plug-and-play experience. MeaningCloud is available both in SaaS mode and on-premises.
- Topic Extraction: identifies appearances of named entities and abstract concepts in the text.
- Text Classification: assigns a text to one or several categories in a predefined taxonomy.
- Sentiment Analysis: assigns a polarity (positive, negative, neutral) to a document or to the individual topics or attributes appearing in a document (aspect-based sentiment).
- Text Clustering: discovers the underlying themes in a document collection and groups these documents according to their similarities and their adherence to those themes.
Integration and customization
Advanced APIs provide a functionality optimized for diverse applications and ease of use. In addition, customization and integration capabilities offer a fast learning curve and a short time to obtain results.
- Customized resource management tools allow users to easily incorporate their own semantic resources (dictionaries, taxonomies, sentiment models) to adapt the operation of the system to their needs.
- SDKs and plug-ins increase the convenience and integrability of the APIs in the most common environments and platforms. MeaningCloud provides SDKs for Java, Python, PHP, and Visual Basic, and plug-ins for Microsoft Excel and GATE.
About the brand and the company
MeaningCloud is a brand by MeaningCloud LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of MeaningCloud Europe S.L., previously known as Daedalus. Daedalus was founded in 1998 by Jose C Gonzalez and other colleagues as a spin-off from their Artificial Intelligence research lab at the Technical University of Madrid.
- Software as a service
- Natural language processing
- Computational linguistics
- Text mining
- Media monitoring
- Social media measurement
- Semantic publishing
- Semantic technology
- "Text Analytics 2014: User Perspectives on Solutions and Providers". Alta Plana. 9 July 2014.
- "How 5 Natural Language Processing APIs Stack Up". ProgrammableWeb. 28 July 2014.
- "Daedalus Takes Meaning-As-A-Service To Excel, GATE And CMS Systems". Semanticweb.com. 8 July 2014.
- "Daedalus Calls for Development of High-Level Semantic APIs". Semanticweb.com. 14 June 2013.