Meet Me in St. Gallen
|Meet Me in St. Gallen|
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Irene Emma Villamor|
|Written by||Irene Emma Villamor|
|Music by||Emerzon Texon|
|Edited by||Carlo Francisco Manatad|
|Box office||₱75 million|
Meet Me in St. Gallen is a 2018 Philippine romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Irene Emma Villamor, starring Carlo Aquino and Bela Padilla. In the story, Celeste (Padilla) and Jesse (Aquino) have a one-night stand and then go their separate ways, only to end up meeting again in St. Gallen, Switzerland. The film was released February 7, 2018 in theatres nationwide.
Celeste (Bela Padilla) assumes the name "Katy Perry" whenever she hangs out at coffee shops. She then meets Jesse (Carlo Aquino) and the two realize that their names are similar to those of the American romantic-comedy drama film Celeste and Jesse Forever. Consequently, their time spent together ends up on a one-night stand and, although they go their separate ways afterward, they would reunite a couple of years later where they agreed to see each other, St. Gallen.
- Carlo Aquino as Jesse Abaya
- Bela Padilla as Celeste Francisco
- Nonie Buencamino as Jesse's father
- Kat Galang as Celeste's friend
Angelica Panganiban also made her in-photo cameo appearance as Diana.
Irene Villamor, the writer and director of Meet Me in St. Gallen, developed the idea for the film. After writing the script, Villamor sent it to Carlo Aquino who, although was initially reluctant to play Jesse, eventually took over as he felt it delivered a fresh vision on the romantic-comedy genre. Bela Padilla, whose previous collaboration with Villamor was in Camp Sawi, was cast as Aquino's girlfriend Celeste. Aquino's and Padilla's casting was officially announced mid-October 2017. Principal photography in St. Gallen began mid-December 2017 and lasted four days. A sex scene between Aquino and Padilla was filmed on a single take.
The film earned PHP 3 million on its first day of showing. The production company of the film announced via their Instagram website that the film earned an estimated PHP 55 million last February 18, 2018. The film grossed an estimated PHP 75 million.
- "'Meet Me in St. Gallen' second official gross amount". Facebook News. Viva Films. February 25, 2018. Event occurs at 11:34 PM. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "The People Behind Kita Kita Have a new Rom-Com about Almost-Relationships". Spot.ph. Summit Media. January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Abanilla, Clarizel (January 13, 2018). "Carlo Aquino makes movie comeback as male lead in 'Meet Me in St. Gallen'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Belmonte, Maureen Marie (October 23, 2017). "Carlo Aquino and Bela Padilla to star in a movie together". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Basbas, Roselle (December 18, 2017). "Bela Padilla and Carlo Aquino shoot new film in Switzerland". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved January 30, 2018.
- Anarcon, James Patrick (January 12, 2018). "Here's why Carlo Aquino is thankful to Piolo Pascual". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Zamora, Jim Reynold (January 13, 2018). "Bella Padilla talks about doing a love scene with Carlo Aquino". MSN. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Olea, Jerry (February 8, 2018). "Bela Padilla-Carlo Aquino movie, halos P3M ang first-day gross". PEP.ph. PEP. Retrieved February 14, 2018.
- "'Meet Me in St. Gallen' makes P55M to date". ABS-CBN Corporation News. ABS-CBN Corporation. February 28, 2018. Event occurs at 04:48 PM. Retrieved February 19, 2018.