|• Body||Delhi Cantonment Board (DCB)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||South Delhi|
Mehram Nagar, a 17th-century modernized, prosperous and upmarket urban village of Jaats.Sehrawat, is the dominating surname of this urban village lies north-east of Indira Gandhi International Airport IGI Terminal-1 and opposite of IGI terminal -1 metro station and very close of upmarket Aerocity in New Delhi, state of India.
200 years back some people came to this village from Jaat Capital Mahipalpur which is at a distance of 3.4 km.
Mehram Nagar village, Meharm Bazaar and Mehram Serai were established in 1639 by an eunuch Mehram Khan and till now its not developed , who was incharge of mughal harem during the reign of Shah Jahan.
Archaeological Survey of India board in the village mentions several monuments, including the old darwaza (gate), mosque and serai that were built by the mughals, such as Mehram Khan (harem keeper of Jahangir), Shah Jahan and his son Aurangzeb in 1660 CE.
- Army Public School, Shankar Vihar is a school in Delhi Cantonment, Shankar Vihar, Delhi. It is a branch of the AWES-controlled Indian Army Public Schools. The school is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- The Army Public School, Delhi Cantt is a school located in the Delhi Cantt area, in Delhi, India. It is operated under Indian Army supervision under the aegis of Indian Army welfare Education society (AWES). The school was founded in 1989 and has about 3700 students
& Mount St. Mary's School is a Patrician Brothers' School run by the Brothers of St Patrick. It is located in Delhi Cantt, Delhi, India, at 75, Parade Road. The school was established in 1963.
- Loreto Convent School is a girls' school in Delhi, India. Situated in Delhi Cantt, the school is an English medium school affiliated to CBSE boards of Delhi, and run by Loreto Educational Society (Loreto Nuns), associated with Sisters of Loreto, a Roman Catholic dominion founded in 1609. It is first established in January 1965 at 28 Mall Road.
5.Government runs school are also available like kendriya Vidyalaya and Government Senior Sec.School for affordable education is also situated near Mehram Nagar.
Palam A Stadium, also known as Air Force Station or Model Sports Complex, is a cricket ground in Dwarka Road, Palam, New Delhi. The ground has also hosted few matches for the Delhi and Railways cricket teams. As of mid-2018, it has held 126 first-class matches and 69 List A matches. In 2011, the International Cricket Council approved the ground for use as a practice venue for the World Cup; 19 practice sessions took place there The ground is very close to Indira Gandhi International Airport.
Several parks and local grounds are also situated in Mehram Nagar.
Government and politics
From decades Mehram Nagar has been a Congress stronghold. Choudhary Hukam Singh Sehrawat was the first Jaat who won the Councillor election from Delhi Cantonment and elected as the Vice President of Delhi Cantonment Board and continue won it for the span of 15 years.
Kiran Choudhary Legha was the first women Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Delhi Cantt from Congress. Later it was won by Karan Singh Tanwar of BJP.
Current sitting MLA of Mehram Nagar is Commando Surender Singh of Aam Aadmi Party.(AAP)
Many Private Charter Jet companies have their offices in Mehram Nagar.
Their are several courier companies situated in Mehram Nagar which deals with both Foreign and Domestic routes.
Their are many restaurant and eateries that commence 24*7.
People in Mehram Nagar owned lot of cars and provide Interstate as well as local transport services.
Many people are engaged in the Hospitality and Tourism sector and work for multinational companies and some operate their own business.
Mehram Nagar has several airport landing viewpoints where one can enjoy the aircraft very closely.
This urban village is the site of an ensemble of Mughal-era ruins, and as the Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage.
Three garden pavilions and many other ancient scriptures were found and have been verified by Archaeological Survey of India. In the upcoming times it will be very famous tourist spots of picnic. 
Indira Gandhi International Airport (Terminal 3) is at a distance of 5.6 km, while the Domestic Airport (Terminal 1) is at a distance of 150m. Nizamuddin Railway Station is 17.13 km away while New Delhi Railway Station is at a distance of 14.6 km.
The locality is connected to other regions of New Delhi by road and by Metro rail. Mehram Nagar is accessible by means of public transport including autos, taxis, and buses. The nearest Metro stations are IGI domestic terminal 1-D on Magenta Line, Delhi Aerocity Airport Express(Orange Line). People who are commuting via NH-8 can reach Mehram Nagar by taking right on the service road going toward the domestic airport.
- "17th century inn lies in ruin as Delhi govt, defence ministry squabble.", Hindustan Times, 23 Nov 2017.
- Francis Gladwin, 1788, "The History of Hindostan, during the reigns of Jehángir, Sháhjehán, and Aurungzebe.".
- "History uncovered: Mughal-era ruins get makeover - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
|This article relating to archaeology in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|