Merdith W.B. Temple
|Merdith W.B. (Bo) Temple|
Major General Merdith W.B. (Bo) Temple
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1975-2012|
|Unit||United States Army Corps of Engineers|
|Commands held||Chief of Engineers|
Merdith W.B. Temple, sometimes called "Bo" Temple, is an American military officer who as Major general was the Acting Chief of Engineers of the United States Army Corps of Engineers  from June 17, 2011 to May 22, 2012. Temple is a career military engineer, and previously served as Deputy Commanding General of Civil and Emergency Operations under his predecessor, Robert L. Van Antwerp, Jr..
Commissioned in the U.S. Army in 1975, Temple served in operational engineering commands in Korea, the United States, and Germany, before commanding the 307th Engineer Battalion. COL Merdith Temple was the Commanding Officer of the 20th Engineer Brigade (Combat) (Airborne) Ft. Bragg, NC from 1998-2000.
Maj. Gen. (ret) Temple is retired and resides in Richmond, VA. He consults for Dawson & Associates and Burdeshaw, and sits on corporate boards..
- Temple, Merdith W.B. (2015). U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Change Management Strategies. Society of American Military Engineers.
- Temple, Merdith W.B. (1998). The Southeast Anatolian Project and Middle East water: implications for NATO. USAWC strategy research project. U.S. Army War College.
- Temple, Merdith W.B.; Stukhart, George (January 1987). "Cost Effectiveness of Geotechnical Investigations". Military Engineer. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- "Acting Chief of Engineers". U.S. Army Office of the Chief of Engineers. July 20, 2011. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Tegler, Jan (September 24, 2009). "Building the Bench: An interview with Maj. Gen. Merdith W.B. Temple". Defense Media Network. Retrieved August 24, 2011.
- Alex Wong, photographer (August 8, 2011). "Burial Held for Two Army Soldiers Killed in Iraq and Afghanistan". zimbio.com. Zimbio, Inc. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Creech, Justin (July 21, 2011). "Engineer battalion welcomes new leader". Fort Belvoir official website. U.S. Army. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Hasenauer, Heike (March 2008). "The Army's Building Boom" (PDF). Soldiers magazine. U.S. Army. 63 (3). Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Brigadier General Merdith W.B. (Bo) Temple". Coastal & Hydraulics Laboratory website. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- Ichniowski, Tom (October 19, 2009). "Maj. Gen. Bo Temple Named Corps of Engineers' Deputy Chief". ENR.com: Engineering News-Record. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
Robert L. Van Antwerp, Jr.
|Chief of Engineers
Thomas P. Bostick