Meritage Homes Corporation
S&P 600 Component
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, |
|$142 million (2014)|
Number of employees
Meritage Homes Corporation is an American real estate development company that constructs single-family detached homes across the United States along with active adult communities and luxury real estate in Arizona. It is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and is a publicly traded company.
In 2020, Meritage Homes began developing a section in the Stillwater neighborhood in Conroe, TX. While working on this development, Meritage was fined and had their permits pulled on numerous occasions due to their negligent behaviors and poorly engineered drainage plans. This has led to severe flooding and water contamination in the adjacent subdivision and ponds. When questioned about this, Meritage stated that they had no concern about adjacent developments, and that their only concern was completing the project they had at hand. The City of Conroe and local residents are investigating the situation further.
Awards and recognition
This section possibly contains original research. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The company has been featured on Fortune’s "Fastest Growing Companies in America" list for five of the last seven years and is regularly featured on the "Fortune 1000" list of high-revenue companies. It recently made the Forbes "Platinum 400 – Best Big Companies in America" ranking for a third consecutive year. It is listed in the S&P SmallCap 600 Index.
Since 1993, Meritage has sponsored a nationally recognized home giveaway program, the Home of Miracles, now known as the All-Star Miracle Home, which has raised millions for children's hospitals.
- O'Grady, Patrick (April 24, 2015). "Meritage Homes optimistic revenue will rise 25% in 2015 after 1Q results". Phoenix Business Journal. Retrieved May 6, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Meritage Homes Annual Report - 2014" (PDF). Meritage Homes Corporation. Retrieved May 6, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Meritage Homes". Fortune. Retrieved 2019-02-28.
- Hudson, Phil (July 11, 2014). "Meritage Homes puts regional HQ in Atlanta". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved May 6, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Official website
- Business data for Meritage Corp: