|Reservoir, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|School district||Northern Metropolitan Region Schools|
Merrilands College was a public P-12 school in Reservoir, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia now merged with Lakeside Secondary College (Radford Road Campus) to become William Ruthven Secondary College, as the Merrilands Road Campus.
The principal of Merrilands College is Wayne Hill. The school was founded in 1997 through the merge of Merrilands Secondary College and Merrilands Primary School. As of 2008, it has 355 pupils.
In 2010, Lakeside Secondary College and Ruthven Primary School will be merged into Merrilands College.
The William Ruthven Primary campuses will be located at Glasgow Avenue and Merrilands Road, and the Secondary, Lakeside Campus and the Merrilands Campus at Merrilands Road Reservoir, Melbourne, Australia. In the near future, a brand new school is planned to be built on the Merrilands site, where all three campuses will combine to form one whole campus as William Ruthven Education Precinct.
- The mergers of the three current schools into the two new schools will come into place on 1 January 2010.
- The schools will remain on the current sites in 2010 as campuses of the new schools.
- There will be two interim school councils in place on that date – a council for the primary school and a council for the secondary school. The members will be drawn from the existing councils while others will be nominated.
- The interim councils will be responsible for all the major tasks required to establish the two new schools.
- From 1 January 2010 the current school councils will become campus committees and manage local issues for the first part of the year.
Construction Site Controversy
The decision made in 2010 to move Radford Road campus students to the Merrilands Road Campus before and during construction has caused three school council members to resign. It has also caused a public debate into the educational, health and safety risks of having students attend the Merrilands construction site. 
- Winkler, Michael (2004-11-29). "Running into the year of fitness". The Age. Archived from the original on 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Power, Emily (2008-09-20). "Parents pleased with new national tests". Herald Sun. Archived from the original on 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "Merrilands College, Reservoir". TeacherWeb. 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Craig, Natalie (2009-11-22). "Pratt's charity wavers on new school". The Age. Archived from the original on 2010-01-01. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Joseph, Marion (2009-12-02). "Reservoir superschool to go ahead next year". Preston Leader. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- Robson, Suzanne (2010-08-04). "Have Your Say: Parents outraged over Reservoir super school move". Preston Leader. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Merrilands College website
- William Ruthven Secondary College website
- William Ruthven Primary School website