Mexico Pavilion at Epcot
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The main building of the Mexico pavilion
|Opening date||October 1, 1982|
|Attraction type||Themed pavilion|
The Mexico Pavilion is a Mexican-themed pavilion that is part of the World Showcase, within Epcot at the Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, United States. Its location is next to the Norwegian pavilion.
The Mexico Pavilion resembles a Mesoamerican pyramid with steps leading to entrance doors. Visitors enter through a gallery display of Mexican artwork, the "Animales Fantásticos" art collection. The central indoor area of the pavilion is themed as an outdoor twilight-lit Mexican village and marketplace, Plaza de los Amigos. At the edge of the plaza, a restaurant, San Ángel Inn Restaurante, overlooks an indoor lagoon with a themed backdrop of another pyramid and smoking volcanos in the distance with themed lighting and smoke effects. To the side of the plaza, a boarding area leads to a boat ride, Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros which commences in the indoor lagoon area.
Due to the location and height of the outdoor structure of the pavilion, the nightly fireworks show "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" is controlled from a small technical office atop the building.
Attractions and services
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros - April 6, 2007 – present.
- Agent P World Showcase Adventure - June 23, 2012 – present.
- El Río del Tiempo (The River of Time) - 1982 to 2007. (Replaced by Gran Fiesta Tour in 2007)
- Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure - January 28, 2009, to May 18, 2012.
- San Angel Inn Restaurante - an indoor table-service restaurant located in the central plaza of the pavilion, the restaurant is the sibling to Mexico City's restaurant of the same name, which dates back to 1692.
- La Hacienda de San Ángel - a lakeside indoor table-service restaurant, opened in September 2010.
- Cantina de San Ángel - a lakeside counter-service location with casual outdoor seating.
- La Cava del Tequila - a tequila bar with a vast collection of tequilas, specialty margaritas and light Mexican appetizers, hosted by tequila "connoisseurs" that interact with park guests. Located adjacent to San Angel Inn Restaurante.
- Mariachi Cobre
- Plaza de Los Amigos, a Mexican marketplace that sells products such as sombreros, ceramics, musical instruments such as maracas, bajas and The Three Caballeros' merchandise.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mexico, Epcot.|