Michael Frost (minister)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Frost (born 1961) is an Australian missiologist and one of the leading voices in the missional church movement. Frost is the founding Director of the Tinsley Institute, a mission study centre located at Morling College in Sydney, Australia. He is also a senior lecturer with the Melbourne University of Divinity.
Frost is the author or editor of a number of theological books, the most recent of which are The Shaping of Things to Come (2003), Exiles (2006), The Road to Missional (2011) and Surprise the World (2016). These books explore a missional framework for the church in a post-Christendom era. Frost's work has been translated into German, Korean and Spanish. Frost has spoken at conferences in the United States, the United Kingdom and across Europe, and as far afield as Nairobi, Rio de Janeiro and Moscow.
In 1999, Frost and Alan Hirsch founded the Forge Mission Training Network, an action-reflection based program for training missional leaders. He remains an international director of that movement which is now based in the United States. In 2002, he founded the missional Christian community, smallboatbigsea, based in Manly in Sydney's north. He has been the weekly religion columnist for The Manly Daily from 2002 to 2014, and helped establish Action Against Poverty, a localised micro-financing agency, linking the cities of Manly and Manado, an impoverished Indonesian community. He was also instrumental in launching Street Pastors Manly, a street chaplaincy program for entertainment precincts, founded in the United Kingdom.
- Jesus the Fool (1994; 2007; 2010)
- Longing for Love (1996)
- Seeing God in the Ordinary (1998; 2000)
- Lessons from Reel Life (2001) co-authored with Robert Banks
- Freedom to Explore (2001)
- The Shaping of Things to Come (2003) co-authored with Alan Hirsch
- Speaking of Mission (2006) - editor
- Exiles (2006)
- ReJesus (2008) co-authored with Alan Hirsch
- The Faith of Leap (2011) co-authored with Alan Hirsch
- The Road to Missional (2011)
- The Big Ideas (2011)
- Speaking of Mission Vol.2 (2013) - editor
- Incarnate (2014) InterVarsity Press (2014)
- Surprise the World! (2016)
- To Alter Your World (2017) co-authored with Christiana Rice
- Keep Christianity Weird (2018)
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|