This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
November 14, 1941 |
Houilles Carrières-sur-Seine, France
|Known for||Painter, Graphic designer, Photographer|
Michel Guéranger was born November 14, 1941 in Houilles Carrières-sur-Seine. After graduating from the 'Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Appliqués et des Métiers d'Art', he devoted himself entirely to his passion for art.
Life and work
At age 25, a series of oil paintings on paper, signed under the name Michel Gérard, constituted his first exhibition, which traveled from Paris to London. 1975 – Guéranger founds the group SPACE with Jean Allemand and Maxime Defert. Through an innovative discourse, these forerunners of the 3D image explored the problematics of space: physics of shapes, art of tension, space-time hypergeometry and vibratory masses of light.
- National Contemporary Art Acquisitions Fonds national d’art contemporain
- Museum of Modern Art, City of Paris. France
- Georges Pompidou Center. Paris. France
- Dunkirk Museum of Modern Art. Dunkirk. France
- Museum of Saint-Maur. France
- Copenhagen Handelsbankens Kunstforening Collection. Denmark
- http://www.michelgueranger.com/m_biographie/a_biographie.pdf Michel Gueranger Painter, Graphic designer, Photographer