- For similarly-named people, see Michael Burns (disambiguation).
Mickey Burns is an American television host, writer and producer. He hosts profiles. A native of Staten Island, he serves as President of Quest Media Entertainment, Inc., a television production company that specializes in producing television programs, television commercials and media marketing, infomercials, corporate promotional videos and event filming.
Burns' television roots can be traced back to New York City's WNYW-TV News, where he helped produce the 10 O'Clock News, The McCreary Report, and Sports Extra. In 1987-88, Burns was a member of two Emmy Award winning specials, "Pro Live v. Pro Choice" and "Domestic Violence", which he helped produce while at Fox. In the 1990s, he hosted, anchored and starred in numerous television programs such as "Special Edition," "Island View," and "Staten Island Live," for Time Warner Cable Inc. He was an election night reporter for Time Warner Cable Inc., for several years. In 1996, he became one of the founding members of Quest Media Entertainment, Inc., where he is responsible for writing, producing, hosting, and overseeing the daily operations of the company.
Creation of Profiles
In 1998, Mickey created Quest Media's most popular and successful show, Profiles, a 30-minute celebrity interview show, providing an overview, or `profile' of that person's career. In 2003 "Profiles" was acquired by New York City's official television network, now called NYC Media. He has hosted and produced 300 episodes of `Profiles' with guests that have included: Mayim Bialik, Smokey Robinson, Tony Orlando, Joe Montana, Dr. Maya Angelou, Joan Rivers, Danny Glover, Isaac Hayes, Joan Collins, Mario Lopez, George Foreman, Mary Wilson, Smokey Robinson, Neil Sedaka, Dick Cavett, Ben Vereen, and Tony Orlando.
Mickey attended Missouri Valley College in Marshall, Missouri, where he majored in Education, on a football and baseball scholarship, followed by earning a master's degree at Central Missouri State University in Education and Communications.
- Outstanding Alumni Award, Missouri Valley College 2010.
- Telly Award recipient in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Small college, big success: Alma mater will honor Mickey Burns' journey from local football hero to media mogul
- Who are Staten Island's top boys' basketball coaches?
- They Had a 'Vision'
- They Had a 'Vision'
- Mickey Burns, Outstanding Alumni Award, 2008, Missouri Valley College
- 2009 Telly Award
- 2010 Telly Award
- Guests on Profiles
- TV host to speak at Commencement ceremony
- Quest Media Entertainment, Inc.
- NYC Media, `Profiles'
- Benanti, Carol Ann. "Local TV host Mickey Burns to reach national audience" (silive.com, May 29, 2015)
- Guest. "TV host to speak at Commencement ceremony". The Delta MVC Student Newspaper. Retrieved May 3, 2012.