Midtown San Jose
Midtown San Jose
|• Total||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||7,480/sq mi (3,740/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
Sunol-Midtown is located at (37.324841, -121.910198).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), all of it land. It is designated one of San Jose's Urban Village and is part of the Envision San Jose 2040 plan the city rolled out in 2012. The focus is on building High density housing along the West San Carlos Street corridor replacing the older mixed used buildings.
(These demographics are only for the unincorporated portions of the area in 2000. The parts of the neighborhood in San Jose are included in that city's article as well as 2010 data when the whole area was annexed.)
As of the census of 2000, there were 748 people, 243 households, and 142 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 8,762.0 people per square mile (3,208.9/km²). There were 256 housing units at an average density of 2,998.7 per square mile (1,098.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 49.73% White, 1.47% African American, 1.34% Native American, 3.34% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, 38.10% from other races, and 5.88% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 64.30% of the population.
There were 243 households out of which 32.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 35.8% were married couples living together, 14.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 41.2% were non-families. 29.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.07 and the average family size was 3.76.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 11.2% from 18 to 24, 36.6% from 25 to 44, 18.0% from 45 to 64, and 7.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 30 years. For every 100 females, there were 104.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 111.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $47,734, and the median income for a family was $41,071. Males had a median income of $37,143 versus $30,134 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,392. About 9.8% of families and 15.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.8% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- City of San Jose - Midtown Specific Plan
- City of San Jose - Neighborhood Improvement Plan: Burbank/Del Monte
- Mercury News - Breakfast Club Comes to Midtown San Jose
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- San Jose's Midtown Madness. July 5, 2014 TwoFeet.Weebly.Com Blog on walking the Rose Garden Neighborhood Area.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- "California's 19th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Midtown San Jose.|
- Midtown San Jose official website