Fudolig was a sophomore at Quezon City Science High School before being pulled into the experimental Early College Placement Program (ECPP). At the age of 11, she began her university education at the University of the Philippines Diliman. She was admitted without a high school diploma and without taking the UP College Admission Test.
In 2007, at 16 years old, Fudolig graduated with a bachelor's degree in physics, summa cum laude, from the University of the Philippines Diliman. With a general weighted average of 1.099, she was the class valedictorian. She then joined the faculty of the National Institute of Physics after graduation.
She earned her Master of Science degree in physics, and in 2014 her PhD from the University of the Philippines Diliman with her dissertation entitled, "Analytic treatment of consensus achievement in two-level opinion dynamics models of completely connected agents with single-type zealots." She was also a Fulbright scholar for doctoral enrichment in economics at the University of California, Irvine.
- "2016 UP Law Aptitude Exam (LAE) passers". upsigmarho.com. UP Sigma Rho Fraternity. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- INQUIRER.net Archive, In college at 11, she’s UP summa cum laude at 16
- Catolico, Gianna Francesca (April 13, 2016). "Now it's UP Law for 'whiz kid' after Ph.D. in Physics". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- UP Diliman Class of 2007 has 8 top honors.
- Macas, Trisha (April 12, 2016). "Former child prodigy Mikaela Fudolig gets into UP Law". GMA News. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- Lozada, A. (12 April 2016). Physics prodigy Mikaela Fudolig passes UP Law entrance test. ABS-CBN News.
- Mikaela Fudolig. LinkedIn.