Miletich Fighting Systems
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded by||Pat Miletich|
|Primary trainers||Pat Miletich
|Current titleholders||Robbie Lawler
|Past titleholders||Spencer Fisher
|Training facilities||Bettendorf, Iowa|
Miletich Fighting Systems (MFS) is a mixed martial arts (MMA) training organization. It is recognized as an excellent training camp. It has been the training camp for fighters such as Matt Hughes, Tim Sylvia, Jens Pulver, Robbie Lawler, and Jeremy Horn. MFS is widely regarded as one of the most successful MMA camps of all time.
Organization and structure
MFS traces its roots to 1997, when fighter Pat Miletich established one of the early MMA training schools at his Bettendorf, Iowa gym, Ultimate Fitness. The MFS Elite team has produced over 80 television and pay per view level athletes and 14 world champions in various organizations. In The UFC alone, 5 of this system's top students have become world champions in weight classes ranging from lightweight to heavyweight. Miletich himself, was the UFC's first ever lightweight champion (170 and below at the time).
IFL fight team
Miletich Fighting Systems was one of the camps participating in the International Fight League. The Quad City Silverbacks were coached by former UFC Lightweight Champion and Miletech Fighting Systems founder Pat Miletich. The Silverbacks were the first IFL team champions of the first 2 seasons. The IFL ceased to operate as a fighting league on July 31, 2008.
Listed are some of the notable MMA fighters who have been produced by the Miletich camp.
- Hull, Billy (April 1, 2007). "Lawler knocks out Trigg in OT". Honolulu Star-Bulletin. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- Doyle, Dave (November 17, 2007). "UFC 78 notes: Lightweights save the day". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- Mills, Keith (December 4, 2003). "Jeremy Horn Speaks". Subfighter. Retrieved 2007-12-13.[dead link]
- Iole, Kevin (May 28, 2006). "Hughes storms to UFC win". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- Harrison, Randy (December 7, 2007). "Matt Hughes Biography Set To Be Published". 411 Mania. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- Keown, Tim (November 17, 2007). "Miletich's camp is the mecca of MMA fighting". ESPN. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- Harder, Jeff (2014-03-13). "What It Was Like to Spar At Miletich Fighting Systems Back in the Glory Days - Part 1 | FIGHTLAND". Fightland.vice.com. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
-  Archived June 11, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.