Millennium Falcon (novel)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cover artist||John van Fleet|
|October 21, 2008|
Millennium Falcon (2008) is a novel by James Luceno set in the Star Wars expanded universe about the history of Han Solo's starship, the Millennium Falcon. It was originally set to be released on December 30, 2008, but was pushed up to October 21, 2008. At the end of the book is an introduction to the novel Outcast, the first novel in the Fate of the Jedi series.
Much of the novel delves into the long history of the Millennium Falcon, from the time it came off the assembly line to when it was owned by Han Solo.
In 19 BBY, during the Clone Wars' Battle of Coruscant, the Falcon was known as the Stellar Envoy and captained by Tobb Jadak and his copilot Reeze Duurmun. Jadak and Duurmun were conspirators in a plot to overthrow Supreme Chancellor Palpatine as leader of the Old Republic. Their mission failed when an erratic hyperspace jump landed the Envoy in an accident killing Duurmun and placing Jadak in a coma that lasted for more than sixty years. By 43 ABY, two years after the end of the Second Galactic Civil War, Jadak awoke, having barely aged since his time in the coma. With the help of Flitcher Poste, they attempt to find out what happened to the Stellar Envoy.
Meanwhile, the Solos discover a mysterious object aboard the Falcon, and decide to ascertain the Falcon's origins. They work their way back in time from when Lando Calrissian first owned the ship until they eventually cross paths with Jadak and Poste. Jadak reveals that the mysterious object in the Solos' hands will lead them to a treasure on the world of Tandun III, which was meant to overthrow Palpatine. On their heels is Lestra Oxic, a mysterious businessman who wants the treasure.
When all parties arrive on Tandun III, they find that the planet has devastated due to the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. They discover the treasure, but it turns out to be a fake. Oxic then hires Jadak and Poste to help him find the real treasure just as the Solos escape from a collapsing Tandun III. They all make it out in time and the planet explodes with no fatalities.
The novel ends with Luke Skywalker calling the Solos to come back to Coruscant as Galactic Alliance Chief of State Natasi Daala had Luke arrested for lack of action in defeating Jacen Solo during the Second Galactic Civil War.
- Han Solo; Captain, Millennium Falcon (human male)
- Leia Organa Solo; Jedi Knight (human female)
- Allana Solo; Also known as Amelia, granddaughter of the Solos (human female)
- C-3PO (masculine protocol droid)
- Tobb Jadak; explorer (human male)
- Natasi Daala; Chief of State, Galactic Alliance (human female)
- Flitcher Poste; explorer (human male)
- Reeze Duurmun; profiteer (human male)
- Bammy Decree; retired technician (human male)
- Rej Taunt; crime boss (Askajian male)
- Luke Skywalker; Grand Jedi Master (human male)
- Lando Calrissian; profiteer (human male)
- Armand Isard; Senate Intelligence Bureau Director, Old Republic (human male)
- Fang Zar; Senator, Old Republic (human male)
- Quip Fargil; retiree (human male)
- Lestra Oxic; philanthropist (human male)
- Jacen Solo / Darth Caedus; former Jedi Knight, Sith Lord, Galactic Alliance (human male) (mentioned only)
- Vergere; former Jedi, possible Sith (Fosh female) (mentioned only)
- Finis Valorum; ousted Chancellor, Old Republic (human male) (mentioned only)
- Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (human female) (mentioned only)
- Jagged Fel; Head of State, Imperial Remnant (human male) (mentioned only)
- Palpatine; Supreme Chancellor, Old Republic; Emperor, Galactic Empire (human male)
- Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader; former Jedi Knight, Sith Lord, Galactic Empire (human male) (mentioned only)
- Onimi; Supreme Overlord, Yuuzhan Vong Empire (Yuuzhan Vong male) (mentioned only)
- Hethirir; Imperial warlord, Galactic Empire (human male) (mentioned only)
- Tsavong Lah; Warmaster, Yuuzhan Vong Empire (Yuuzhan Vong male) (mentioned only)
- Chewbacca; copilot, Millennium Falcon (Wookiee male) (mentioned only)
- Shimrra Jamaane; puppet Supreme Overlord, Yuuzhan Vong Empire (Yuuzhan Vong male) (mentioned only)
- Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (human male) (mentioned only)
- Soly Kantt; CEC Manager (human male)
- Dooku; Count of Serenno, Sith Lord, Confederacy of Independent Systems (human male) (mentioned only)
- Grievous; General of the Separatist Droid Army (Kaleesh male) (mentioned only)
- J'oopi She; Jedi Master, Old Republic (Kadas'sa'Nikto male)
- "Millennium Falcon -novel (Spoilers now inside)". Forum. New Jedi Order Encyclopedia. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "First Look: Millennium Falcon Novel". Book. StarWars.com. August 5, 2008. Archived from the original on April 29, 2010. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "Millennium Falcon (novel)". Wookieepedia. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "Millennium Falcon (Star Wars) (Hardcover)". Books. Amazon.com. 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2009.