Miller Lake (Oregon)
|Location||Klamath County, Oregon|
|Primary inflows||Tipsoo, Evening, and Gideon creeks|
|Primary outflows||Miller Creek|
|Catchment area||11 square miles (28 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||566 acres (229 ha)|
|Average depth||77 feet (23 m)|
|Max. depth||145 feet (44 m)|
|Water volume||43,700 acre feet (53,900,000 m3)|
|Residence time||2.9 years|
|Shore length1||4.3 miles (6.9 km)|
|Surface elevation||5,633 feet (1,717 m)|
|1 Shore length is not a well-defined measure.|
Miller Lake is a large natural freshwater lake in the Cascade Range in western Klamath County in the U.S. state of Oregon. The lake is in the Winema National Forest, about 14 miles (23 km) west of Chemult via Miller Lake Road (Forest Road 9772).
Recreation at the lake includes fishing for stocked rainbow and brown trout and kokanee. The lake has been called "one of the best brown trout fisheries in the state". Many brown trout in the lake, which is open for night fishing as well as day fishing, exceed 26 inches (66 cm) in length.
Miller Lake is also used for swimming and non-motorized boating. Hiking trails in the vicinity provide access to the Mount Thielsen Wilderness and the Pacific Crest Trail. Digit Point Campground at the lake has 64 individual camping sites with access to picnic tables, potable water, and toilets. Mosquito infestations may require repellant or headnets.
- Johnson, Daniel M.; Petersen, Richard R.; Lycan, D. Richard; Sweet, James W.; Neuhaus, Mark E., and Schaedel, Andrew L. (1985). Atlas of Oregon Lakes. Corvallis: Oregon State University Press. p. 234. ISBN 0-87071-343-4.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Atlas of Oregon Lakes: Miller Lake (Klamath County)". Portland State University. 1985–2012. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Miller Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 56. ISBN 978-0-89933-347-2.
- "Digit Point Campground". U.S. Forest Service. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Featured Lakes: Miller Lake". U.S. Forest Service. 2001. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Sheehan, Madelynne Diness. Fishing in Oregon: The Complete Oregon Fishing Guide (10th ed.). Scappoose, Oregon: Flying Pencil Publications. p. 283. ISBN 0-916473-15-5.
- Photo of sunrise on the lake by Milt Hill