||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
August 6, 1985 |
|Occupation||Founder, MetroLyrics.com; Co-founder MetroLeap Media Inc.|
Born in the Sarajevo, Bosnia in the former Yugloslavia, Tesovic emigrated to Canada with his father, mother and sister, during the 1994 war. He has cited his immigrant background for making him self-motivated and hard working person.
At age 16, Milun created the online music website Metrolyrics which years later was sold to CBS in 2011. MetroLyrics was ranked the largest lyric website with more than 50 million unique visitors every month. In 2002, partner Alan Juristovski joined Milun to incorporate MetroLeap Media Inc., where Milun served as CTO prior to the CBS acquisition. Since then Milun invested in numerous companies both online and offline across North America.
Honors and awards
- Billboard Top 30 Under 30
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Runner Up
- Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champion, proudly presented by CIBC and operated by national charitable organization ACE (BC)
- Student Entrepreneur Regional Champion, proudly presented by CIBC and operated by national charitable organization ACE (Western Canada)
- Student Entrepreneur National Champion, proudly presented by CIBC and operated by national charitable organization ACE (Canada)
- Winner of the 2009 Global Student Entrepreneur Awards in Kansas City
- Vancouver Sun http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/10/11/metrolyrics-acquisition-by-cbs-interactive-a-high-note-for-canadas-new-media/
- Vancouver Sun October 2011 http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/10/11/metrolyrics-acquisition-by-cbs-interactive-a-high-note-for-canadas-new-media/
- "Internet Tycoon Pursues SFU Degree".
- "Billboard's Top 30 Under 30".
- "Vancouver Entrepreneur Named To Billboard's Top 30 Under 30".
- "SFU's Milun Tesovic named world's top student entrepreneur".
- "Milun Tesovic named #1 in world at Global Student Entrepreneur Awards".