|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Peter Bauer (CEO)
Neil Murray (CTO)
Peter Campbell (CFO)
Nathaniel Borenstein (Chief Scientist)
Ed Jennings (COO)
Joe Freitas (VPHR)
|Products||Unified Email Management integrating Email Security; Enterprise Information Archiving, Mailbox Continuity and Services for Office 365|
Mimecast is an international company specializing in cloud-based email management for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365, including security, archiving, and continuity services to protect business mail.
By June 2015 Mimecast had 14,500 customers, up from 7,000 in 2007.
Mimecast co-founder and CEO, Peter Bauer, previously founded FAB Technology in the mid-nineties and sold it to Idion. Earlier, Peter trained as a Microsoft systems engineer and worked with corporate messaging systems.
Mimecast co-founder and CTO is Neil Murray, previously CTO at Global Technology Services and founder of Pro-Solutions, he leads the development of all the company's technology, overseeing the architecture of Mimecast's service and sets out the overall technical vision and strategy for the service.
Other executives include Mimecast Chief Scientist Nathaniel Borenstein, who was amongst the original designers of the MIME protocol for formatting multimedia Internet electronic mail - he sent the world's first e-mail attachment on 11 March 1992.
The service uses a massively-parallel grid infrastructure for email storage and processing through geographically dispersed data centers, enabling it to offer a 100% uptime service level agreement on all services. Its Mail Transfer Agent provides intelligent email routing based on server or user mailbox location.
- Secure Email Gateway: user optimized spam protection, malware, DoS and DHA protection. Real-time diagnostic and reporting; data loss prevention, secure message delivery, email branding and disclaimer management, document conversion and metadata management, real-time online queue management, large attachment management, advanced routing and spooling.
- Targeted Threat Protection: URL rewriting at the gateway with time-of-click scanning for malicious content before being opened.
- Large File Send: send and receive large files from Outlook, with encryption, optional access key and custom expiration dates.
- Secure Messaging: secure email channel for sensitive information either user-initiated or policy-driven.
Enterprise Information Archiving
- Cloud Archive for Email: Encrypted cloud storage which saves emails in triplicate in an immutable storage system. Users can access and search emails through an Outlook desktop client. Archive access is available via a Mac desktop app and apps for Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Windows Mobile devices.
- Continuity: During primary mail system outages, email can be accessed via Microsoft Outlook, through a web browser and via mobile devices.
- Best Cloud Specialist Vendor of the Year 2014 - CRN Channel Awards.
- 2013 Healthcare IT Summit XCellence Awards.
- 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 50.
- One of London Stock Exchange's '1000 companies to inspire Britain' 2013.
- Computing Security Awards 2012: Messaging Security Solution of the Year.
- Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference: Innovative Customer Advocacy Partner of the Year.
- Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2012: Ranked 45th.
- UK Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2012: Ranked 20th.
- Computer Reseller News Channel Awards 2012: Security Vendor of the Year.
- "The Future Fifty: the list". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "About Mimecast". Mimecast. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Mimecast Raises $21M for Cloud-based Email Management System
- "Mimecast Expands Leadership Team with Appointment of Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President of Human Resources". Businesswire. Retrieved 2015-09-09.
- "Mimecast Raises $62M For Microsoft Exchange And Office 365 Cloud-Based Email Management System". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- "Peter Bauer, Co-Founder and CEO, Mimecast". Gartner Symposium ITExpo. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
- "V3 Hot Seat: Mimecast CTO and co-founder Neil Murray". V3.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "CrunchBase". Retrieved 2015-09-19.
- "NSB Home Page". web site, including CV. Retrieved Feb 27, 2013.
- "Mimecast and file server destruction". The Register. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- "Product Review: Mimecast Unified Email Management". TheDataChain.com Whitepaper. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Mimecast Hits the Bloor Research Bullseye for Best Practise E-mail Archiving". technews.tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- Weinberger. "Mimecast Offers Free Microsoft Office 365 Cloud Migration". Talkin Cloud. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Mimecast Email Security Updates Give Users, IT Departments More Control". Web Host Industry Review. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Mimecast gilds the enterprise email service". Information Age. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Mimecast takes aim at spear phishing through enterprise cloud email protection | ITProPortal.com". Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Mimecast expands Outlook service with large file support". V3.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Mimecast adds functionality for endusers and administrators to email security suite". SC Magazine. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Mimecast scientist targets email’s future". BusienessCloud9. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Email compliance - how to get it right". Legalbrief Today. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Product Review: Mimecast Unified Email Management". MSExchange.org. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- "Mimecast Mobile Archive". ITunes Preview. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Acceleration eMarketing stays online post Superstorm". ITWeb. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Businesses likely to rethink continuity plans after Blackberry outage". Computer Weekly. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- Yirrell, Sara (2014-11-14). "Channel Awards 2014 WINNERS". ChannelWeb.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Stein, Alicia. "Healthcare CIOs’ Favorite Tech Vendors In 2013". XChange CIO Community. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Fast 50 | Previous winnersc". www.fast50.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Technology". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Computing Security Awards 2012". Storage Magazine. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- "Microsoft 'Partner of the Year' Winners Announced". Redmond Channel Partner. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "2012 Tech Track 100 league table". Fast Track. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "2012 UK Fast 50 winners". Deloitte. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Channel Awards 2012 Results". Channel Web. Retrieved 2013-02-27.