|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Gospel of Mark, Gospel of Luke|
|Now at||Queen's College, Edgbaston|
|Size||20.3 cm by 15.5 cm|
Minuscule 531 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), ε 278 (in Soden's numbering), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on a parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. It was adapted for liturgical use. Marginalia are incomplete. The manuscript is lacunose.
The codex contains the text of the Gospel of Mark and Gospel of Luke on 96 parchment leaves (size 20.3 cm by 15.5 cm) with a large lacuna at the end of Luke (Luke 17:36-fin.). The text is written in one column per page, 21 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the Ammonian Sections, whose numbers are given at the margin, with references to the Eusebian Canons. There is also a lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use).
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Hermann von Soden included it to the textual family Kx. Aland placed it in Category V. According to the Claremont Profile Method it belongs to the textual family Kx in Luke 1 and Luke 10. In Luke 20 no profile was made because of defect of the codex.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 67.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 78. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 200.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 62. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchahandlung. p. 200.