This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
Number of employees
Mobify is a mobile shopping platform that helps enterprise retailers create shopping experiences across every mobile touchpoint. Mobify is a global technology company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with an office in London, and a network of partners worldwide.
The company was co-founded in 2007 by Igor Faletski, John Boxall, and Peter McLachlan. Igor Faletski met his future co-founder, John Boxall, while attending Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. After continuously missing their bus during their final year of school, the pair saw an opportunity to address this common problem using mobile devices. They developed a system to deliver bus schedules to their mobile devices through SMS text messaging. Local media buzz around the service motivated Igor and John to start their own company in Igor’s mother’s basement and license the system to TransLink.
Further business development efforts showed that the product wasn’t scalable, so they changed directions and started developing a new system to help enterprise websites build adaptive mobile websites. At this point, they moved their office to a one-bedroom apartment and were joined by their third co-founder, Peter McLachlan.
In 2013, Mobify had 90,000 users in more than 200 countries, including Starbucks, Bosch, and Toyota. As of early 2015, Mobify has been experimenting with web-based push notifications for Android devices.
As of June 2019, Mobify has a 4.2 star rating on Glassdoor.com (up from a 4.1 star rating in January 2018). Employees enjoy perks such as health and dental, a device budget, fitness classes, a stocked kitchen, team events, and office games.
- "Mobify". techvibes.com. TechVibes. May 7, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Igor Faletski". bcbusiness.ca. March 29, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- Eriksson, Richard (March 21, 2007). "TransLink Next Bus Information Via SMS". urbanvancouver.com. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Faletski, Igor (October 17, 2013). "Starting a global company in Vancouver - how we did it and why you should: Igor Faletski at TEDxSFU". YouTube. TEDx Talks. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Maynard, James (June 26, 2013). "Do business accelerators really work?". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- Garcia, Miguel; Campbell-Moore, Owen (April 20, 2015). "Reaching and re-engaging users on the mobile web". blog.chromium.org. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Working at Mobify". Glassdoor. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- "Mobify". glassdoor.ca. Retrieved July 26, 2015.
- "Food.ee".[dead link]
- Weise, Karen (May 22, 2014). "Vancouver's Growing Tech Outpost Searches for Anchors". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg Business. Retrieved July 26, 2015.