|Country of origin||U.S.|
Modern Outsider was founded in Austin, Texas in October 2010 as a full-service management company and independent record label by husband and wife team, Chip and Erin Adams. Collectively, they have well over two decades of experience in various facets of the music industry, from radio promotion at Dangerbird Records, Capitol Records, The Syndicate and Cornerstone (agency) where they also handled digital marketing; they were in charge of editorial at the tastemaking site, TheTripwire.com. Their mission is simple: discover and release great music while building a tight-knit community for their artists.
In January 2016 the label was featured in Austin Monthly.
- The Black and White Years
- Black Pistol Fire
- Brass Bed
- The Calm Blue Sea
- The Crookes
- Dana Falconberry
- Gliss (band)
- Mirror Travel
- Moving Panoramas
- Pomegranates (band)
- Quiet Company
- Soft Swells
- Walker Lukens
- Hernandez, Dorothy. "Husband-Wife Lead Lead Record Label Through A Busy First Year". It's On Magazine.
- Bronson, Kevin. "Premiere: Soft Swells, 'Every Little Thing'". Buzz Bands.
- Swiatecki, Chad. "Austin acts that have 'It': Ume, Da'Shade Moonbeam, Quiet Company, Crooks, Marmalakes". Austin American Statesman.
- Parker, Bryan C. (4 January 2016). "Label of Love". Austin Monthly. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Modern Outsider - Record Label - Austin Music Awards - 2015 - Industry Awards - The Austin Chronicle". www.austinchronicle.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Official site
- SXSW - The Ume Train Keeps Rolling
- IFC - Exclusie Premiere - The Calm Blue Sea "Literal"
- Brooklyn Vegan - Ume Sign To Modern Outsider
- NPR First Listen: The Calm Blue Sea
- Buzzbands LA: Premiere: Soft Swells "Every Little Thing"
- SXSW - Outsiders Welcome At SXSW Music
|This article about a United States independent record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|