This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
How it all started
In 1982, Al-Sharekh launched Sakhr Software Co. as one of his Al-Alamiah group companies, which has develops technologies for the Arabic IT industry, and took upon itself the mission of making researches and development projects, for two decades, in order to adapt the computer and communication techniques, and to meet the unique requirements of the Arabic language.
He first invested his talents in children games software (Atari) in 1982, and then produced children software on computer under the name of "Sakhr MSX". Next came "Sakhr PC".
After his education, he worked as the Deputy Director General for the Kuwait Fund of the Arab Economics Development from 1969 to 1973 and as a representative of Kuwait and Arab Group of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (I.B.R.D) Washington D.C. from 1973 to 1975. 
He was also the Chairman/Managing Director of the Industrial Bank of Kuwait from 1975-1979 before he became the member of the Kuwait Economic Society and the Federation of Arab economists.
The man of technologies and IT is an author. One of his most important stories is "Al-Makhad" (Parturition). His stories were not published in books, but some of his production was published in Gallery 68 magazine with Edwar al-Kharrat and Ibrahim Aslan pieces. He is fond of Al-Mutanaby poetry and his personality, and Arabic calligraphy arts and creativities. His stories were published in Ebda, Akhbar El-Adab, Al-Hayat, El-Ahram magazines, etc. His first group of stories "10 stories" were published in 2006 from Merit house and proved his siding with short stories. His world is distinguished with the diversity and the ability to read the "scene" with simplicity, agility and depth.
Achievements and awards
- Foundation Pioneer Award (2009) 
- In 1997, he received the award of the best man who contributed in IT.
- Arabian Business E-Achievement Award E-Visionary of the Year (2002) 
- E-Inclusion Award  in 2007
- Outstanding Achievement Award in the field of localisation  (2005)
- He received the "Electronic View of 2002" award in recognition of his achievements in the field of Arabic software industry by the city of d. J of the Internet and the "Arabian Business" company.
- The best products for 1998, Comdex's exhibition, Egypt in 1998.
- NasherNet 2.0 (best demo), Comdex, 1998.
- Sindbad navigator, Comdex, 1998.
- IDRISI, Comdex, 1998.
- Certificate of appreciation from Human Resources Investment Company (Kuwait) - May 1996.
- Certificate of appreciation from the Ministry of Interior (Kuwait) – January 1996.
- Certificate of appreciation from Kuwait Teachers Society – April 1993.
- Certificate of appreciation from Saudi Computer Society.
- Certificate of appreciation from the Ministry of Education in Saudi Arabia.
- Certificate of appreciation from King Al Saud University in Saudi Arabia.