|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of Moksha festival
|Type||Student Run, non-Profit Organization|
|Institute||Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology|
Moksha, the annual cultural festival of Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), University of Delhi, started in 2003. It is organised in the month of March. Moksha is a four-day national cultural extravaganza held at NSIT every even semester of the academic year of the college, with the most popular events being Hasya-Kavi Sammelan, Qawwali, Choreography, Fashion show, Pop Show, Rock Show and the Star Night amongst others. It is considered to be one of the biggest cultural fests of New Delhi and attracts sponsorships from top corporate houses of India like TCS, Intel and Airtel. The fest is attended by colleges from all over India and has enjoyed the presence of big names from within and across borders, like Edward Maya, KK, Akcent, and Strings, the Pakistani band.
Moksha involves participation from many colleges from all over India, making it one of the largest college festival of north India. Some of the events are also featured on popular TV and radio channels creating a large outreach. Every year Moksha witnesses a footfall of more than 50,000 at events and competitions that are covered by both print and electronic media. There are plethora of competitions organised witnessing participation from all over Delhi University to IIMs. There is activity, drama and vivaciousness at every nook and cranny of the campus during the three-day festival. The mega events – "Mudra" and "Rouge" – undergo various rounds of selection to cherry-pick the best four for the finale from multitude of dynamic participants. The theater – fest attracts teams from colleges all over DU, be it Hindu, Ramjas or Maitreyi. The popularity of the fest can be measured from the fact – MTV as Media Partner, with Video Jockey Gaelyn covering various events. This further leads to a soaring popularity of Moksha amongst the youth. Recent presence of Akcent in 2014 had people thronging the campus from every corner of Delhi. It is not an event – it is an experience!
Avalanche – the rock show – is one of the best and grandest rock shows in India.The 50000 Watts deafening sound maddening thousands plus crowd. Fahrenite-the star night – has witnessed soulful voices of KK, Mohit Chauhan, etc. in recent years. Rouge- the fashion show – is the perfect amalgamation of flamboyance, glitz and elegance. Art Exhibition, Insomania- the jam, virtual arena are other major highlights.
Other Mega events like Mudra-the choreography competition, youth parliament competition, Oorja -dance competition and bhangra competition witness an overwhelming participation and vibrant crowd.
Sports events like T-20 cricket, table tennis, football, volleyball, lawn tennis pumps up the adrenaline rush. Natyamanch-theatre fiesta competition witness some amazing plays and performances.
Other events like debate, Dhwani-vocals Hindi and English both, quiz competitions, Indradhanush, dramatics competition, street dance competition witness an attendance of many with people cheering at the top of their voices. Recently, TVF of YouTube fame graced the occasion and had set the stage on fire.
Pop Night, the most popular event.
- 2003 – KK
- 2006 – Ali Azmat
- 2007 – Kailash Kher
- 2008 – Jal
- 2009 – Mohit Chauhan
- 2010 – Javed Ali, Bohemia
- 2011 – Strings
- 2012 – KK
- 2013 – Sunburn Campus
- 2014 – Akcent
- 2015 – Edward Maya, Sachin-Jigar, DJ Nucleya
- 2016 – Shaan, Tomorrowland DJ's
- HT City (Print Media Partner),
- Fever 104 FM(Radio Partner),
- MTV(Electronic Media Partner),
- DUBeat(Student Outreach Partner),
- University Express(Student Outreach Partner),
- DCOP(Photography Partner),
- Twenty 19(Internship),
- Title Sponsor – Rupa
- Associate Sponsors – Hero, Bru, IOCL
- Silver Sponsors – HPCL, BHEL, NTPC, ONGC, Orient
- Hospitality – Club Mahindra, Janpath Hotels, Radisson Blu
- Banking Partners – SBI, Andhra, BOI, PNB, UCO, Canara
- Food Partners – Baskin Robbins, Pizza Hut, Hey Sugar, Karims, Dana Choga Kitchen, Delhi 75, Pooja Namkeen, Apni Rasoi, Majeed, Pasta Express
- Logistics – DHL, Hook2events.com
- Airline Partner – IndiGo
- Education – IMS, Aptech, Jamboree Study Overseas, Career Endeavor, Aakash Institute, Top Talent, Trump and Gates
- Motorcycle Partner – Royal Enfield
- E-Commerce Partners -ShopClues, ShoppersTree
- Fashion Partner – Maybelline
- Android Application Partner – Whoopies
- Online Event Partner – Cyberoam
- SMS Partner – KAPS
- Online Publicity Partners – The Testament (magazine), College News Network
- Sports Partner – Daily Fantasy Cricket
- Online Payment Partner – Instamojo
- Health Partner – Tivona
- Recycling Partner – Raddi Express
- "Companies line up to sponsor college fests | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2016-08-29.