Mona al Mansouri
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (July 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (January 2014)|
Mona al Mansouri (Arabic: منى المنصوري) is an international designer in the United Arab Emirates who graduated with a double major in geological and biological engineering. She worked as an engineer in the geophysical petroleum industry, but her artistic talent in fashion design and style became popular. Starting in 1991, she became one of the top Emirate fashion designers, with her sophisticated style.
As a result, she has earned international acclaim and is considered one of the best fashion designers in the region, and invited to participate in a number of fashion shows around the globe, including Italy, Switzerland, Britain, Egypt, Lebanon, Qatar and Bahrain. Almansouri is also known for her strong dedication to social, environmental, humanitarian, cultural and health issues through her fashion design and shows. As a result of her work, she has been mentioned in the publication Designer Story Book, a work profiling the most successful Arab fashion designers.
In addition, Mona Almansouri has been picked on several occasions as a member of the judge panel in fashion competitions, and she is actively involved in mentoring younger fashion and design students providing them relevant experience, guidance and encouragement. She also remains socially active in humanitarian causes, taking part in a number of charity events, donating revenue from shows to the Red Crescent, offering wedding dresses to people in need who could not afford to buy one, and she actively supports schooling needs for orphans and for families of incarcerated people.
Membership and honours
- Goodwill Ambassador
- Ambassador women's support
- Best Fashion Designer in Asia 2014
- Honorary Doctorate in youth leaderships and charity projects
- Double Bachelor of Engineering geological and biological
- Vice - chairman of the Assembly of Solidarity Fund
- Member of Emirates Business Women Council
- Member of Abu Dhabi Business Women Council
- First Emirate Designer
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (August 2014)|
- Opening of the international fashion festival (Coftanos) in Morocco 2015.
- Guest of honor of Gulf bride fashion show 2015.
- Opening the Bridal Fashion Show at the Ajman palace hotel.
- Fashion show (Anaqet Alkhaleej) in Oman 2015.
- Fashion show in 2014 at Dubai Mall .
- Fashion show in 2014 at Sharjah perfect wedding, this show was named snow queen.
- Fashion show on the occasion of the National Day organized by Saidty magazine in presence of the stars Balqees, Shama Hemdan, Amira Fadl, Dr. Aysha AL Busmait and many artists.
- Fashion show at Oman in 2014 under the patronage of Her Highness Dr. Mona Bnt Fahd Al Said.
- Wonders of east show at Sharjah ladies club under the patronage of the wife of the ruler of Sharjah HH Sheikha Jawaher Alqasimi.
- Fashion show at grand Hayat Hotel, for the occasion of mother day.
- Fashion show in 2013 on the opening of women's exhibition at World Trade Center under the auspices of H.H Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan the Minister of Culture and Youth.
- Fashion show at the Dubai festival city including a dress with a 3D design of Milestones of Dubai on occasion of the National Day and for winning the bid for Expo 2020.
- Fashion show at Zabeel Ladies Club under the auspices and in presence of H.H Hessa Bin Hemdan Al Maktoum.
- Fashion show in 2013 at Beirut on the "longest catwalk in the world through Mediterranean Sea", Mona Mansouri opened the fashion week.
- In her top fashion show, Mona Mansouri was honored by H.H Sheikha Fatima Bent Mubarak, on establishment of Abu-Dhabi Women's Council
- On the invitation and auspices of H.H Sheikha Latifa Bent Khalifa, she held the first gallery in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Fashion show in 2012 at Beau-Riv-age Palace, Lausanne, Switzerland under the auspices and in presence of H.H Dr. Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan on occasion of the National Day and Emirate- Swiss Friendship Council.
- Fashion show in November 2011 at London in presence of HE U.A.E ambassador, H.H Sheikha Hind Al Qassimi and several top figures and diplomats.
- Brides fashion shows in 2010, 2011, 2012 in Abu-Dhabi under the auspices of H.H Sheikha Sheikha spouse of H.H Sultan Bin Khalifa.
- In 2010, Mona AL Mansouri was selected to open Al-Aroos Annual Fashion Show in Biel, Beirut with dresses worn by Nagwa Sultan and Fulla. The latter wore a garment designed by Al Mansouri highlighting the theme "Emirates of Summits", with a picture of Khalifa Tower. on it, indicating that Dubai will reach the top. Khalifa Tower.
- In 2009, Mona AL Mansouri held a fashion show under the auspices of Sheikha Hind Al Qassimi, including a dress with a message to the World Health Organization during the swine flu epidemic protesting the commercialization for the pharmaceutical industry.
- She held a fashion show for Abu-Dhabi Fashion Week in 2008. The fashion show features a dress conveying a message against child obesity.
- She held a fashion show for Fashion Week 2008 organized by Johnny Fadlallah in Biel Center in Beirut. Selected to open the shows, Mona AL Mansouri designed a stunning garment calling for Arab Unity with music from the Arab Dream operetta.
- In 2009, Mona Al Mansouri was selected to open fashion shows during the New Look exhibition in Al-Ain, with a Dress of Islands, calling on Iran to end its occupation of the three Emirate islands. Artists each in their own field were invited to contribute to the event.
- She held a fashion show during the International Jewelry Show event in 2006 under the auspices of H.H Sheikha Fatima Bent Mubarak. The show surprise was the media personality Lujain Umran, wearing an Emirate garment with the word "benevolence" written on it in all languages, in support for H.H Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum's benevolence campaign initiative. With the book of "My Vision" by Sheikh Mohammed Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum in hand, Lujain took the stage accompanied by poetry of his son, praising his father's traits and benevolence.
- In the Italian Fashion Week 2006, Mona Mansouri was the first Emirate designer to display in Rome. The show featured a dress worn by Miss Italy advocating environmental issues. This was followed by other international shows in Italy.
- Mona Al Mansouri designed a gown worn by leading actress Raghda in Venice Hotel carrying a message of peace. The show attracted large Lebanese audience. The dress called for interfaith dialogue and peaceful coexistence in a civil society. The show accompanied by music from Fairuz received a long standing ovation.
- A message held dearest to Mona was featured in the gown dress worn by singer Aryam, the first Emirate singer to sing the verses of the late sheikh H.H late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. The dress held a message of gratitude to the shaikh, with the black gown engraved with gold inlay and a personal elegy by H.H Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Media figure Amira Fadl wore a dress holding the best thank-you message for Sheikha Fatima Bin Mubarak. The designed dress included a long 20 meter tail, and characterized by a big red heart. The show was during Al-Aroos exhibition in Al-Ain.
- Mona was selected for a traditional fashion show for invitees to the Middle East Film Festival held in 2008 at Emirates Palace, Abu-Dhabi.
- In 2007, Mona AL Mansouri was selected to represent the U.A.E along with top designers at Abu-Dhabi Fashion Week. The star of the show was Mai Al Hariri, who wore a Mona Mansouri designed dress in a combination of sky-blue and turquoise symbolizing Abu-Dhabi blue sky and sea, portraying Abu-Dhabi's progress.
- She was invited to Egypt by Egypt Lovers Association, holding a fashion show supporting the vote for Bu Tina Island to be one of the natural seven wonders of the world. Her promotional design for the campaign received a great deal of media attention in Egypt for the innovative idea spotlighting the show.
Honors and awards
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (August 2014)|
- Good will Ambassador from United Unions.
- Ambassador Women's support from United Unions and international organization for women.
- Honorary Doctorate in youth leaderships and charity projects.
- Honor from International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and awarded quality knight shield.
- Best fashion designer in Asia 2014.
- The knight women in fashion field, and awarded a certificate of appreciation and shield as the best fashion designer in the Middle East.
- The best designer in the Middle east of the year 2014 from the global organization Gr8 women awards.
- Designer of the Year 2010, cited as most influential on society.
- Honored by H.H Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan on her Swiss show.
- Honor and Certificate of Appreciation from H.H Sheikha Hind Al Qassimi, president of the Emirates Businesswomen Council.
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Office of Presidential Affairs and selected to design costumes for presidential hosts.
- Certificate of Appreciation and an honorary shield from H.H Sheikha Jawaher Al Qasimi
- Declared the Innovative Designer of the Year 2008 by Bouthaina magazine in the latter's annual issue of picking the best in their respective fields. Other artists honored included Mayada El Hennawy, Assi El Helani and Joe Raad.
- Honor and Certificate of Appreciation from Abu-Dhabi TV.
- Honor from Sama Dubai Channel for effective contribution to one of its shows.
- Honor and Shield from FER-TIL Company
- Certificate of Thanks from President of the Environment Authority for her effective and patriotic role in advocacy for bu Tina Island to be selected as one of the natural seven wonders of the world.
- Certificate of Thanks and Appreciation from Abu-Dhabi Businesswomen Council for best idea.
- Thanks and Appreciation from H.H Sheikha Latifa Bent Khalifa for Nassaem AL Harir Gallery held in Bahrain by Ms. Khayria Dashti, businesswoman and secretary of Arab Women's Council.
- Certificate of Appreciation and shield from Egypt's Lovers Association for a charity show held at Egypt.
- Honor for participating in Women's Empowerment Conference in Bahrain.
- Selected by Designer Story Book; a designing reference which includes top world-class designers.
- Certificate of Appreciation and Spirit of the Union Shield for Women's Union fashion show 2011 on occasion of the National Day.
- Honor and Certificate of Appreciation from H.H Sheikha Hind Al Qassimi and Emirate-British Friendship Shield of 2011.
- Honored for having a world record for biggest jalabiya made of traditional fabrics.
- Certificate of Appreciation from "We Are All Emirates Campaign" for her taking part in the festival shows of National Day.
- Certificate of Appreciation from General Authority of Youth & Sports Welfare for her contribution in success of Emirate youth program catering for local talents.
A documentary movie titled Emirati Bemtiaz (Emirate par excellence) was broadcast about her career on Abu Dhabi TV.
- The National, U.A.E: Gowns with no hidden designs
- World-Famous Emirati Fashion Designer Mona Al Mansouri to Open the Bridal Fashion Show at The Ajman Palace Hotel
- Mona Almansouri in Dubai Mall Fashion Show
- Mona Almansouri Perfect Wedding 2014
- Festival city fashion show
- The Daily Star, Lebanon: Weekend fashion show to sport longest catwalk in country’s history
- Mona Almansouri show at Beirut on the "longest catwalk in the world
- Emirate-Swiss website: 40 Years of Elegance Emirate Style by Mona Al Mansouri
- Bride Club Middle East: Bride Abu-Dhabi 2013 – Media Day
- New7Wonders website: Mona Almansouri is making waves with her clothes
- Gulf News: Bu Tina island inspires designer
- Mona Almansouri good will ambassador
- Arab Woman Awards website: Fashion Designer Mona Al Mansouri
- Emirate par excellence Program