|Born||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Marketing director, Internet personality|
|Home town||Taipei, Taiwan|
Monica Lin was born and raised in Los Angeles until she was 9 years old. Her parents are Taiwanese. She then moved to Taiwan to live with her mother and attended international school overseas before returning to the U.S. for high school .
Monica Lin discovered her affinity for fashion through her mother, who exposed her to different international brands, such as Comme des Garçons and Bape. In the early stages of her career, she started a streetwear blog called “Thundercup". Her blog gained momentum when she was the first to debut photos of rapper Lil Wayne’s TRUKFIT clothing line. Her blog coverage was posted by various media outlets, with notable ones that included MTV, HipHopDX, and Complex. She used her blog as a networking tool.
In 2012, Lin began working for Popular Demand as an intern. She interned for a month before she got hired after doing product placement for the brand by serving as the stylist for numerous hip hop music videos. One notable music video she styled was rapper E-40’s “Function (Remix)” music video, which featured Problem, Young Jeezy, Chris Brown, French Montana, and Red Café. Since serving as the marketing director for Popular Demand, she has led numerous[clarification needed] partnerships and collaborations for the brand, including ones with Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles, Def Jam Records, rapper Ty Dolla $ign, and more.
Since 2014, she has been featured in various YouTube videos with The Fung Brothers, including “Life of a Sneakerhead 4 W/ a Girl".
- The Surburban Family (September 6, 2016). "Inner-View: Thundercup & Kiona Stowers Of Popular Demand Brand". Suburban Lifestyles Magazine. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Chan-Lo (July 28, 2016). "Chick Chat: Meet the Woman Behind This Powerhouse Street Wear Brand". Chicks N Kicks.
- Devon Travern (November 7, 2016). "Movers & Shakers Presents: The Engine Behind Popular Demand, Thundercup". Infinite Magazine.
- Kevin Mordukhayev. "Meet Thundercup: The Girl Bossing Around the Boys of Streetwear". The Dishh. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Jocelyn Vega. "Meet The Industry: Monica Lin aka Thundercup". Meet The Industry.
- Nadeska Alexis (January 10, 2012). "Photos: Lil Wayne's Trukfit Skateboard Clothing Line". MTV News.
- Steven Horowitz (January 9, 2012). "Lil Wayne Unveils Skateboard-Inspired Clothing Line "Trukfit"". HipHopDX.
- Teofilo Killip (January 9, 2012). "More Looks Into Lil Wayne's Skateboarding-Inspired Trukfit Clothing Line". Complex Magazine.
- Jenn Harris (December 3, 2013). "Wear your love for Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles on a T-shirt". Los Angeles Times.
- Farley Elliott (December 6, 2013). "Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles: Dinner, Hats AND T-Shirts". Los Angeles Times.
- Wall-Doe (October 4, 2013). "Check out the Popular Demand X Def Jam Collaboration Hoodie". The Source.
- Dan Hyman (November 12, 2015). "Ty Dolla $ign Honestly Could Not Be More Hyped About His New Album". GQ Magazine.
- Paul Meara (November 13, 2015). "Ty Dolla $ign Delivers Free TC With Model Behavior". BET.
- THEMIXSHOW (October 10, 2015). "LIL DICKY x THE PLUG". Retrieved June 19, 2017 – via YouTube.
- "The Grammys: Who Will Win Best Rap Album?". The Recording Academy. February 2, 2017.
- "Who Should Win GRAMMY For Best Rap Album?". HipHopDX. February 4, 2017.