Montana Territory (film)
|Directed by||Ray Nazarro|
|Produced by||Colbert Clark|
|Written by||Barry Shipman|
|Music by||Mischa Bakaleinikoff|
|Edited by||Paul Borofsky|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures Corporation|
Montana Territory is a 1952 Technicolor Western film starring Wanda Hendrix, Clayton Moore, Hugh Sanders and Lon McCallister. It is a classic western movie, with bandits, a corrupt sheriff and a hero who falls for a beautiful woman.
Montana is on the brink of statehood, but in need of law and order. John Malvin (Lon McCallister) witnesses the murder of a miner and his son by men who turn out to be Yeager (Robert Griffin), Ives (Clayton Moore) and Gimp (Jack Elam). He learns later that Ives is a deputy to the sheriff, Henry Plummer (Preston Foster).
What he doesn't know is that Plummer is secretly behind these and other recent murders. Malvin accepts a job as Plummer's deputy. He also meets and falls in love with Clair Enoch (Wanda Hendrix), the daughter of Possum Enoch (Eddy Waller), who runs the stage relay depot.
Plummer gets rid of Yeager, then asks Malvin to take his place guarding businessman Jason Waterman's (Hugh Sanders) money shipment on the stage. Clair and Possum warn him that bandits will attack the stage. Malvin is angered by suggestions that Plummer's behind all this.
When the crimes continue, Clair organizes a vigilante group. Malvin remains against them until Plummer's attempt to kill Clair provides conclusive proof. He confronts the sheriff and places him under arrest.
- Lon McCallister as John Malvin
- Clayton Moore as Deputy George Ives
- Hugh Sanders as Jason Waterman
- Wanda Hendrix as Clair Enoch
- Preston Foster as Sheriff Plummer
- Jack Elam as Gimp
- Robert Griffin as Yeager
- Myron Healey as Bill Landers
- Eddy Waller as Possum Enoch
- Screen World Vol. 4 1953 by Blum, Daniel
- Montana Territory on IMDb
- Montana Territory at AllMovie
- Montana Territory at the TCM Movie Database
- Montana Territory at the American Film Institute Catalog
|This 1950s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|