From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Gremlin Graphics game character. For the character in the Mario franchise, see Recurring enemies in the Mario series § Monty Mole.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Games in the series
- Wanted: Monty Mole (1984), which begins the series with Monty traveling around a coal mine collecting pieces of coal and other miscellaneous objects whilst avoiding various nasties and the infamous crushers. The game was created in response to the British Miners' Strikes and saw the lead character collecting coal in order to keep his family warm.
- Monty is Innocent (1985). In this game, Monty has been sentenced to five years in Scudmore Prison for stealing a bucket of coal. Monty's best friend, the mysterious masked rodent, Sam Stoat, is determined to set Monty free.
- Monty on the Run (1985). In this episode, Monty is on the run from the authorities after his intervention in the Miners' strike. He must escape from his house and head for the English Channel and freedom in Europe.
- Auf Wiedersehen Monty (1987). In this installment, Monty travels around Europe collecting money in order to buy a Greek island - Montos, where he can safely retire.
- Moley Christmas (1987). Monty has been given the task of getting the code for the latest game in which he features from the programmers to the cover of Your Sinclair magazine.
- Impossamole (1990), remaking Monty as a cape-clad superhero who is recruited by aliens to retrieve their sacred scrolls.