|Origin||Brooklyn, NY, Springfield, MA, Jamaica|
|Members||Peter "Peetah" Morgan
Roy "Gramps" Morgan
Nakamyah "Lukes" Morgan
Memmalatel "Mr. Mojo" Morgan
Morgan Heritage is a reggae band formed in 1994 by five children of reggae artist Denroy Morgan, namely Peter "Peetah" Morgan, Una Morgan, Roy "Gramps" Morgan, Nakhamyah "Lukes" Morgan and Memmalatel "Mr. Mojo" Morgan. In two decades, they have had a number of successful reggae albums.
Morgan Heritage formed in 1994 made their first appearance at Reggae Sunsplash in Jamaica. They were subsequently signed by MCA and released their debut album Miracles the same year. They have since criticized the Miracles album as being overly pop-influenced.
After the release of Miracles, the family moved to Denroy's homeland of Jamaica. In this period, three family members left the group. Once in Jamaica, Morgan Heritage began working with famed reggae producers Bobby Dixon and Lloyd James, resulting in the release of their critically acclaimed second album Protect Us Jah (1997), followed by One Calling (1998), and the spiritually-inclined Don't Haffi Dread (1999). They have released three compilation albums by "The Morgan Heritage Family and Friends", and a live album, Live in Europe!, recorded on their 2000 tour. Following the release of their 2001 album More Teachings... Morgan Heritage toured Europe again, and they have returned several times since.
Their sixth studio album, Three in One, came out in 2003. They have released two successful DVDs, "Live In London" and "Live Over Europe 2003", and their seventh studio album Full Circle was released in 2005. Their latest album, Mission In Progress, was released on 15 April 2008. It includes the singles "Faithful" and "Raid Rootz Dance".
After several years working on solo projects, they released the single "The Return" in 2012, and indicated that a new album would be recorded after their 2012 European tour. The album, Here Come the Kings was released by VP Records in June 2013, followed by a tour of Europe.
The Royal Family of Reggae, has taken the impressively significant step forward by releasing their upcoming album, "Strictly Roots" in 2015 on CTBC Records.
- Peter "Peetah" Morgan - Lead vocals (1994–present)
- Una Morgan - keyboards, vocals (1994–present)
- Roy "Gramps" Morgan - keyboards, Main vocals (1994–present)
- Nakamyah "Lukes" Morgan - rhythm guitar (1994–present)
- Memmalatel "Mr. Mojo" Morgan - percussion, vocals (1994–present)
- Let's Make Up
- Don't Haffi Dread
- I'll Do Anything For You (Rebirth) (with Denroy Morgan)
- Saddle Up (LMS + Morgan Heritage)
- U've Got Me
- Tell Me How Come
- Morgan Heritage Family & Friends - Liberation Riddim
- Raid Rootz Dance
- Nothing to Smile About
- Perfect Love Song
- Put It On Me
- Perform and Done
- Miracles (1994)
- Protect Us Jah (1997)
- One Calling (1998)
- Don't Haffi Dread (1999)
- Live In Europe! (2000)
- More Teachings (2001)
- Three In One (2003)
- Live In Amsterdam! (2003)
- Morgan Heritage Family and Friends, Vol. 1 (2004)
- Morgan Heritage Family and Friends, Vol. 2 (2005)
- Morgan Heritage Family and Friends, Vol. 3 (2005)
- Full Circle (2005)
- Live - Another Rockaz Moment (2006)
- Mission In Progress (2008)
- Journey Thus Far - Best of (2009)
- Here Come the KIngs (2013), VP
- Strictly Roots (2015) Music Album
"Peetah Morgan" has released new music featuring his new sound. Songs such as "Stay Getting High", a positive, vibrant single about getting high off life from spending time with a significant other and "Let’s Do This" (featuring Alaine), a sexy love song R&B audiences will enjoy. His debut album, "T.U.T. (The Undeniable Truth)" is soon to be released. The album, featuring artists such as Alaine and producers such as Basement Beats and Vudu Spellz among others, is set to drop in the first quarter of 2012. Peetah says "I love the music, I live the music, I AM THE MUSIC". Peetah is definitely ready to embark on his most ambitious venture to date.
Roy Morgan known as "Gramps Morgan" CEO of Dada Son Entertainment is a solo act in his own right. He released his debut album as a solo artist. The album entitled Two Sides of My Heart, earned him many nominations for awards. In 2009, he was also featured in the India.Arie song "Therapy". His second solo album, Reggae Music Lives, was released in 2012.
In 2012 Mojo signed to Krian Music Group who will release his debut solo album in 2013.
Jemere Morgan who is the son of Roy "Gramps" Morgan has also made a career in music releasing his debut single "First Kiss" in August 2011 which is available on Dada Son Entertainment. Recently touring in Europe with Peetah Morgan and Gramps Morgan and was the opening act each night.and now touring with Morgan Heritage currently on their Here Come The Kings Tour Currently 2013
The band members are the children of Denroy Morgan, a well-known Jamaican reggae artist.
There is a sibling band more hip-hop influenced called LMS. LMS often tours with Morgan Heritage.
- Campbell-Livingston, Cecelia (2012) "Morgan Heritage returns", Jamaica Observer, 25 April 2012, retrieved 2012-04-29
- Campbell, Howard (2013) "Morgan Heritage regroups for tour", Jamaica Observer, 17 May 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2013
- Morgan Heritage (2015) "Morgan Heritage returns", Morgan Heritage, 5 March 2015, retrieved 2015-03-11
- Campbell-Livingston, Cecelia (2012) "Mojo signs to indie label", Jamaica Observer, 7 December 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2012
- Henry, Davina (2012) "Chatting With Gramps", Jamaica Gleaner, 2 July 2012, retrieved 2012-07-03
- http://www.morganheritagemusic.com - Official Website
- http://iampeetah.com/- Peter "Peetah" Morgan Official Site
- http://www.vprecords.com - Record Label
- Morgan Heritage at Wenig-Lamonica Associates - Booking Agent
- http://www.soulrebels.org/morgan_heritage.htm - Rare Songs
- http://www.grampsmorgan.com/ - Gramps Morgan Official Site