Mother with Child
Nurse, 1967, oil on canvas
|Year||1930s - 60s|
|Location||Museum of Contemporary Art of Macedonia, Skopje|
Mother with Child, also known as Nurse, is an oil painting art series by Macedonian modern artist Nikola Martinoski created from the 1930s to the 1960s. The pictures depict a Macedonian Romani woman breastfeeding a child. The works mainly employ oil paint on canvas. The works today are considered as one of the finest art pieces in the contemporary Macedonian art.
- Kulturen život, Volume 33. Skopje, Macedonia: Kulturno-prosvetnata zaednica na Makedonija. 1988. p. 32.
- Mihailo Apostolski, Aleksandar Stojanovski (1972). Istorija na makedonskiot narod. Skopje, Macedonia: "Prosvetno Delo". p. 297.
- "Mother with Child' (description)". Nikola Martinoski. martinovski.mk. 2009. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Nikola Martinoski: Mother with Child". Organization of Artists of Macedonia. 2007. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Vladimir Velichkovski (2009). "Nikola Martinoski". Nova Makedonija. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Drawing and Paintings by Nikola Martinoski". Vest (newspaper). 2001. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
|This article about a twentieth-century painting is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|