Mounds View Public Schools
|Mounds View Schools|
Arden Hills, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, Shoreview, and Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
|Students and staff|
Mounds View Public Schools (District 621) is a Minnesota school district serving the cities of Arden Hills, Mounds View, New Brighton, North Oaks, Roseville, Shoreview, Vadnais Heights and portions of Spring Lake Park and White Bear Township. The district currently operates 12 schools. In addition to the schools, Mounds View also operates a handful of other educational programs, including the Oak Grove program for special education students, and the Pike Lake and Snail Lake Education Centers, which provide various community education programs and house administrative offices.
The District is consistently ranked among the top 10 metro school districts. On average, District students perform 1-3 grade levels higher than their peers in the state of Minnesota. The District has been recognized as a state leader in providing innovative opportunities for all students. Year after year, the district enrolls more than 80% of the students in its attendance area.
Irondale High School and Mounds View High School were both named among the best high schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report (top 15 in the state of Minnesota) for exceeding expectations when it comes to student performance on reading and math test, and for preparing students for college.
- Located in New Brighton, MN. It has served the school district 621 for 40 years. It was featured as "One of the top high schools in the country," stated by Newsweek.
- Located in Arden Hills, MN. Mounds View High School, with a student enrollment of 1,943 students from over seven cities in the area. Mounds View has been an active school in District 621 since 1955.
- Chippewa Middle School
- Located in North Oaks
- Edgewood Middle School
- Located in Mounds View, MN. Edgewood serves about 600 sixth, seventh and eighth grade students in grade teams of about 200 it was remodeled in 2004
- Highview Middle School
- Located in New Brighton, MN. Highview Middle School serves more than 800 students.
Elementary schools serve grades 1-5.
- Bel Air Elementary
- Located in New Brighton, MN and serves the families in the area.
- Island Lake Elementary
- Located in Shoreview, MN and serves the surrounding area of Shoreview, Vadnais Heights, and Arden Hills. It has over 700 K-5 students and either 75 full or part-time staff.
- Pinewood Elementary School
- Located in Mounds View, MN. It serves about 550 students in grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade from Mounds View and Shoreview
- Sunnyside Elementary
- Located in New Brighton, MN. Sunnyside Elementary School welcomes about 540 students from Mounds View and New Brighton.
- Located in Shoreview, MN. Turtle Lake is the largest elementary school in the Mounds View Public Schools District 621, serving 790 students from northern Shoreview.
- Valentine Hills Elementary
- Located in Arden Hills, MN. Valentine Hills serves about 575 students from Arden Hills and sections of New Brighton and Roseville.
- Kindergarten Center at Pike Lake Education Center Located in New Brighton, MN. Serves about 480 students that will go on to attend Bel Air Elementary, Pinewood Elementary, Sunnyside Elementary or Valentine Hills Elementary.
- Kindergarten Center at Snail Lake Education Center Located in Shoreview, MN. Serves about 320 students that will go on to attend Island Lake Elementary or Turtle Lake Elementary.
- Area Learning Center (ALC) Located in Mounds View, MN. The Area Learning Center is a non-traditional program designed to help students meet their high school graduation requirements.
- Career & Life Transition Program (CLT) Career and Life Transition Program is a community-based initiative between the Mounds View and Roseville Public School Districts. The CLT program is for students who are 18–21 years of age; have transition needs identified in their Individual Education Plan (IEP); and have not received a high school diploma.
- REACH Academy (formerly Oak Grove)
- Located in Roseville MN, REACH Academy offers a special education program for approximately 75 students in grades 6-12 from Mounds View Public Schools and several surrounding districts.
- Pike Lake Education Center
- Located in New Brighton, PLEC used to be Pike Lake Elementary School. Features Pike Lake Kindergarten Center, which feeds Bel Air Elementary, Pinewood Elementary, Sunnyside Elementary, and Valentine Hills Elementary. Also houses part of the Early Childhood Education Program.
- Snail Lake Education Center
- Located in Shoreview, SLEC used to be Snail Lake Elementary which closed in 2005 after celebrating about 100 years as a school. Features Snail Lake Kindergarten Center, which feeds Island Lake Elementary and Turtle Lake Elementary.
Laurentian Environmental Center
Each year, some 5th and 7th grade students in the school district are given the opportunity to attend a four-day camp at the center. During this time, they learn more about the wilderness and survival outdoors. Mounds View High School orchestra students have a chance to go attend around Halloween.
- "Mounds View District Fact Sheet" (PDF).
- "US News & World Report top Minnesota high schools".
- "Laurentian Center". Laurentian Environmental Center. Retrieved 2009-06-10.