Mount Elgon insurgency
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Mount Elgon insurgency|
|Sabaot Land Defence Force||Military of Kenya|
|Casualties and losses|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2014)|
Think nothing much happened here
Reportedly, local church elders know of 200 people who have gone missing since being arrested; about 1500 have been formally charged.
- Georgette Gagnon, Africa director at Human Rights Watch (2008-04-02). "Kenya: Army and Rebel Militia Commit War Crimes in Mt. Elgon (Human Rights Watch, 3-4-2008)". Hrw.org. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "UNICEF condemns continuing violence in Mount Elgon". UNICEF. 13 December 2007.
- "The Statesman : News : 60 killed in Kenya land clashes". Thestatesmanonline.com. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- "Dozens killed in Kenyan 'genocide'". ITN. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Opala, Ken (2009-03-09). "Mountain of the missing: Villages wait". Daily Nation (16094). pp. 4–5.