Mouzaki municipality map
|• Municipality||313.9 km2 (121.2 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||179.5 km2 (69.3 sq mi)|
|• Municipality density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||7,291|
|• Municipal unit density||41/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|• Population||1,961 (2011)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Mouzaki (Greek: Μουζάκι) is a town and a municipality in the northwestern part of the Karditsa regional unit, Greece. Mouzaki is located on the southwestern edge of the Thessalian plain, where the river Pamisos descends from the Agrafa mountains. It is 17 km southwest of Trikala and 24 km northwest of Karditsa. The Greek National Road 30 (Arta - Trikala - Karditsa - Volos) passes north of the town.
The municipality Mouzaki was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 3 former municipalities, that became municipal units:
The municipality has an area of 313.866 km2, the municipal unit 179.521 km2.
The municipal unit of Mouzaki is divided into the following communities (constituent settlements in brackets):
- Anthochori (Anthochori, Anoixiatiko, Platanakos)
- Drakotrypa (Drakotrypa, Arpakia, Keramargio, Milies, Spathes, Trygona, Tsarouchi)
- Ellinokastro (Ellinokastro, Gravia, Petrota)
- Kryopigi (Kryopigi, Lakkes, Xirokampos)
- Mavrommati (Mavrommati, Georgios Karaiskakis)
- Oxya (Oxya, Vagenia, Dafni, Zamanatiko, Koura, Megali Vrysi, Mesorrachi, Palaiampela, Palaiochori, Platania, Soula, Sykia)
- Pefkofyto (Pefkofyto, Nisia, Padi, Charavgi)
- Porti (Porti, Martini, Meligos, Palaiokastro)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.