|Traded as||NYSE: MULE|
|Industry||Computer software, SaaS, open source software|
|Founder||Ross Mason, Dave Rosenberg|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Products||Anypoint, Mule ESB|
MuleSoft is a software company headquartered in San Francisco, California that provides integration software for connecting applications, data and devices. Started in 2006, the company's Anypoint Platform of integration products are designed to tie together software as a service (SaaS) and on-premises software.
The company originally provided middleware and messaging, and later expanded to provide an integration platform as a service (iPaaS) approach for companies. MuleSoft provides APIhub, a directory that is designed to function as a social network for developers to share updates and information, currently covering more than 13,000 APIs. For consumers and developers, it provides a catalogue of APIs along with an interactive development environment for running basic queries. For API providers, it offers a publishing platform and various tools to automatically generate API documentation. MuleSoft develops Mule ESB, an integration platform for connecting enterprise applications on-premises and to the cloud, designed to eliminate the need for custom point-to-point integration code.
Ross Mason and Dave Rosenberg founded MuleSource in 2006. The company changed the name to MuleSoft in 2009. In April 2013 the startup announced $37 million in Series E financing in a round led by New Enterprise Associates, with participation from new strategic investor Salesforce.com, and existing investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, SAP Ventures and Bay Partners. The round brought MuleSoft's total financing to $81 million.
- Moore, Madison. "MuleSoft releases new tool to RAML community". Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "More SaaS Integration from MuleSoft - CloudAve". 14 May 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- MuleSoft Enters The Cloud Integration Race With The Launch of Mule iON SaaS Edition
- "MuleSoft blends middleware, devops and PaaS for API integration approach". Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Clark, Jack. "If the future is the API, Mulesoft may have the Yellow Pages - ZDNet". Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "MuleSoft rakes in $37 million and launches its Anypoint Platform to connect any and all enterprise APIs and datasets". 3 April 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "MuleSoft Acquires ProgrammableWeb". WSJ Pro. Dow Jones & Company, Inc. 23 April 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2016 – via Wall Street Journal. (registration required (. ))
- "Forbes Cloud 100". Forbes. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- Roof, Katie (17 February 2017). "App platform company MuleSoft files for IPO". TechCrunch.
- "MuleSoft Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering". MuleSoft. 16 March 2017.