|Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer software, SaaS, open source software|
|Founder||Ross Mason, Dave Rosenberg|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, USA|
|Products||Anypoint Platform, Mule ESB, CloudHub, and Tcat|
MuleSoft is a software company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It provides integration software for connecting applications, data sources and APIs, in the cloud or on-premises. Started in 2006, the company's Anypoint Platform of integration products are designed to tie together software as a service (SaaS) and on-premises software.
The company originally provided middleware and messaging, and later expanded to provide a integration platform as a service (iPaaS) approach for companies. MuleSoft provides APIhub, a directory that is designed to function as a social network for developers to share updates and information, currently covering more than 13,000 APIs. For consumers and developers, it provides a catalogue of APIs along with an interactive development environment for running basic queries. For API providers, it offers a publishing platform and various tools to automatically generate API documentation.
MuleSoft was founded in 2006 by Ross Mason. In April 2013, the startup announced $37 million in Series E financing in a round led by New Enterprise Associates, with participation from new strategic investor Salesforce.com, and existing investors Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, SAP Ventures and Bay Partners. The round brings MuleSoft’s total financing to $81 million.
The Anypoint Platform is designed as an integrated set of individual products. Users can utilize part or all of the platform. The functional pieces include:
- Anypoint technology – designed to replace point-to-point integration for SaaS companies, system integrators and enterprises
- CloudHub – an integration platform as a service (iPaaS), designed to integrate SaaS applications with each other or to on-premises applications, and allow SaaS providers to build and offer packaged integration applications that automate business processes across applications.
- Mule ESB – an integration platform for connecting enterprise applications on-premises and to the cloud, designed to eliminate the need for custom point-to-point integration code
- Anypoint Connectors – out-of-the-box connectivity for enterprise and SaaS applications
- MuleSoft's Tcat Server – based on Apache Tomcat, an application server that runs existing Tomcat applications without any changes, and adds functionality related to managing Tomcat, including visual configuration management, performance diagnostics, and application provisioning, accessed through a management web console.
- API Solution – Built on top of the CloudHub iPaaS, this is software for designing, building, publishing, securing, managing and monetizing internal services and external APIs, as well as engaging the developer community around APIs.
- Unified development experience – designed to offer a way to build integration applications, for deployment either on-premises or in the cloud.
In 2013, MuleSoft received the SIIA CODiE for Best Integration Solution and AlwaysOn OnDemand Top 100 for Cloud Application Platform. MuleSoft was also named a best place to work by the Bay Area News Group and the SF Business Times. In November 2013, MuleSoft was named to the Deloitte Fast 500 list, and in May 2013 they were named to the Red Herring Top 100 North America list. In 2012, MuleSoft was listed in the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies, and was a bronze winner in the 2012 Tech Awards Circle, winning the award for Best SMB Software. In July 2012, MuleSoft was awarded with two Silver Stevie Awards in the Customer Service Department of the Year and Customer Service Team of the Year categories in The 10th Annual American Business Awards. In June that same year, MuleSoft was named to the 2011 SD Times 100 List in the APIs and Integration category, for the third consecutive year, and the fourth year overall. The San Francisco Business Times and San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal recognized MuleSoft in 2012 as one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Additional awards include:
- April 2012: MuleSoft was named to the OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies list.
- January 2012: MuleSoft was named a winner of the 2012 Cloud Awards.
- 2011: MuleSoft won THINKstrategies’ Cloud Computing Business Value Award.
- 2009: MuleSoft was named as a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor for the second consecutive year.
- 2009: InfoWorld MuleSoft’s Mule ESB was named the premiere open source ESB in the Best of Open Source Platforms and Middleware category of their annual Bossie Awards.
- 2009: MuleSoft CTO Ross Mason was named to InfoWorld’s CTO 25 Awards.
- 2008: leading analyst firm Gartner named MuleSoft a Cool Vendor.
In February 2014 the company was the reason of mass evictions of multiple art galleries located in the middle of San Francisco on 77 Geary St., some of which were located there for more than 27 years. Mulesoft offered more than double the rent for their spaces causing the building owner to evict the galleries on Valentines day.
- Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Mule (software)
- Data integration
- Enterprise service bus
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL)
- Cloud computing
- Enterprise application integration
- Cloud-based integration
- Service-oriented architecture
- More SaaS Integration from MuleSoft
- MuleSoft Enters The Cloud Integration Race With The Launch of Mule iON SaaS Edition
- MuleSoft blends middleware, devops and PaaS for API integration approach
- More applications for Standing Cloud's Community Edition — MuleSoft's Tcat Server, MindTouch, and an update to Drupal | Standing Cloud
- Announcing the 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn
- 2012 Tech Awards Circle Winners
- MuleSoft Continues Award-Winning Streak with Multiple STEVIE® Award Wins in 2012 American Business Awards | MuleSoft
- MuleSoft Continues Winning Streak with Fourth SD Times 100 Award Win | MuleSoft
- Best Places to Work finalists revealed - San Francisco Business Times
- Announcing the 2012 OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn
- MuleSoft Wins 2012 Cloud Award | MuleSoft
- MuleSource Named a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor | MuleSoft
- Mule ESB once again named top open source ESB by InfoWorld | Mule ESB
- MuleSource decides to bypass a 'check box' feature in its next-gen product | Application development - InfoWorld
- MuleSource Named "Cool Vendor" by Leading Analyst Firm | MuleSoft