Penna in June 2012
|Born||Jônatas de Moura Penna
May 29, 1987
São Paulo, Brazil
|Known for||Stop motion, animation, music, and videography|
|Notable work||YouTube video series (YouTube Partner, Director)
|Spouse(s)||Sarah Penna (2011–present)|
|Web alias(es)||MysteryGuitarMan, jp|
|Web hosting service(s)||YouTube|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass guitar, drums, percussion, synthesizer, slide whistle, kazoo, vocals|
Penna maintains the YouTube channel MysteryGuitarMan. He uploads one or two videos every month. He is a member of the Big Frame network, and participated in the network's BAMMO channel. In January 2011, he was the most subscribed YouTuber in Brazil. As of September 2014[update] his channel has over 2.8 million subscribers, and his videos have been viewed over 340 million times. On September 11, 2005, Penna started a second YouTube channel, jp, where he uploads his making-of videos and vlogs. Within 6 hours, it became the third most subscribed channel in Brazil.
In 2007, Penna received media coverage, including attention from DC Fox News, after his "The Puzzle" video was featured on the front page of YouTube.
In 2009, Penna was again seen on the front page of YouTube with his "Guitar: Impossible" video, which has been covered by De Wereld Draait Door, the highest-rated primetime show in the Netherlands. On December 6, 2009, Penna was featured on FM4, an Austrian national radio station. Shortly after uploaded, his "Guitar: Impossible" video was featured on the MSN.com front page.
Best Buy announced Penna as the $15,000 winner of their Tech-U-Out Video Challenge. He was also a finalist in the "Oreo Global Moments" video competition. Ford selected Penna as a Fiesta Agent for the 2009 Ford Fiesta Movement. Penna's "Guitar: Impossible" video was also featured by YouTube as one of the best videos of 2009.
In 2010, Penna's "Root Beer Mozart" was featured on CNN's morning show Morning Express with Robin Meade and on Germany's nationally broadcast Taff show. Penna's collaboration with YouTubers Rhett and Link and Billy Reid for "T-Shirt War" garnered national attention. Following the success of the original, Penna and the original cast were hired to produce a national television and cinema spot for Coca-Cola and McDonald's.
In June 2010, Penna was highlighted by CNN Money on their Best Jobs series. On June 24, Penna was selected as one of the top 10 new directors of 2010 at the 20th Cannes Lions Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors' Showcase with "T-Shirt War". "Guitar: Impossible" was selected for the YouTube Play Shortlist, which is a collaboration between YouTube and the Guggenheim Museum. In 2012, Penna wrote and directed an original interactive thriller series entitled Meridian starring Orlando Jones and Rick Overton in conjunction with Fourth Wall Studios.
In August 2014, Penna was announced by Steve Rotfeld Productions as the host of Xploration Earth 2050, a technology-oriented television series for its syndicated educational programming block Xploration Station.
His debut feature film 'Arctic' starring Mads Mikkelsen is currently in production. 
- "Fantástico: Brasileiro larga a medicina e ganha dinheiro fazendo vídeos no YouTube". Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Penna, Joe (August 25, 2011). "Love Story". YouTube. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- "Most Subscribed of All Time - Brazil". Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "MysteryGuitarMan". YouTube. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "Fox 5". Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "De Wereld Draait Door - 31 maart 2009". Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "FM4.ORF.at". Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Ford Fiesta Movement". Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- McGlynn, Katla (2010-02-09). "Amazing Stop Motion T-Shirt War (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "T-Shirt War 2". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "CNN Money". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "Saatchi and Saatchi". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- "Guggenheim Museum". Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "CNN - YouTube search for most creative videos". Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "MysteryGuitarMan Joe Penna Brings Interactive Thriller To Rides.tv". Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "MysteryGuitarMan is the latest YouTube star to get his own TV show". The Daily Dot. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "YouTube's Joe Penna To Direct Thriller Feature "Arctic"!". Trending All Day. 2017-04-21. Retrieved 2017-06-15.