|First issue||June 2005|
NZV8 is a monthly automotive magazine and website that focuses on V8 cars, car clubs and the related culture predominantly in New Zealand, but also Australia and the USA.
Its readership was 96,000 in 2011.
The magazine's tagline was originally Feel the power. It was changed in issue 32 (January 2008) to NZ's top circuit, strip and street machines.
As of the December 2008 issue (#43), the typical magazine contents include:
- Feature car reviews
- Event overviews (such as drag racing, V8 Supercars, car club meets, etc.)
- New car and car tuner news from around the world
- Editor and contributor columns
- Driver interviews (for example Andy Booth
- Scale model reviews
- Book reviews
- Events calendar
- Drag racing records
- Readers’ letters
Daily news articles are available weekdays which are additional to magazine content. Full magazine articles are available from previous issues, often including additional photos and information (including videos) that could not be fitted into the magazine. Some writers run blogs on the website, and a forum is run as a subsite to encourage user interaction.
Jetsprint Legends is the first game in the world to feature jet boat racing on New Zealand's jet boat tracks.
The inaugural season of NZV8 TV was broadcast in 2009 over 13 weeks as a part of Powerbuilt Tools Motorsport on TV1, Sunday afternoons.
Editor Todd Wylie was former assistant editor of NZ Performance Car magazine.
Like its sister publication NZ Classic Car NZV8 has supported various parties in lobbying Land Transport NZ for easing rules on car modification, frontal impact laws for low volume vehicle certification and steering systems. It is recognised by the V8 industry as working for their benefit.
Publisher Greg Vincent received the Meguiar’s Collector’s Car Person of the Year Award.
- "Nielsen Media". Nielsen Media. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 30 January 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Jetsprint Legends. "Jetsprint Legends". Jetsprint Legends. Archived from the original on 2011-02-02. Retrieved 2011-01-30. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "NZ Federation of Motoring Clubs Inc submission" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-01-30. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2008-11-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)