|Elevation||301 m (988 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The town named after a small ruler "Nambi", who is mentioned in one of the Eswaran Kovil stone carvings.
Nambiyur is located at  It has an average elevation of 301 metres (987 feet)..
As of 2011 India census, for Nambiyur Statistics Nambiyur had a population of 16,379. Males constitute 49.6% of the population and females 51.4%. Nambiyur has an average literacy rate of 65% (58% in 2001); male literacy is 73% (67% in 2001), and female literacy is 58% (50% in 2001). In Nambiyur, 9% of the population is in the age group 0-6 years.
The chief mode of livelihood here is Agriculture. Apart from Agriculture, there are many spinning mills around the town. Earlier Nambiyur was famous for Rice and oil mills. In and around the city about 20 rice mills have been operated . Nowadays those mills are become sick and changed their business . Many people travels everyday to Tiruppur to work in Textile Industries. There are 5 HDFC hose making units.
Recent years many small garments units have been started and working well.
There are 5 banks & one co-operative society serving the people in & around Nambiyur.
- Bank of Baroda, Nambiyur Branch.
- State Bank of India(with ATM), Nambiyur Branch
- Erode District Central Cooperative Bank, Nambiyur Branch
- Gobichettipalayam Co-op. Urban Bank, Nambiyur Branch.
- Indian Overseas Bank, Nambiyur Branch
- AXIS Bank - ATM only
- Federal Bank with ATM
- Karur Vysya Bank with ATM
- Indian Overseas Bank with ATM
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Nambiyur". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2012-01-25.