Nanuet Senior High School
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nanuet Senior High School|
The John P. Burke Building
|School district||Nanuet Union Free School District|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Affiliations||Section 1 (NYSPHSAA)|
Nanuet Senior High School is a public high school located in Nanuet, New York. It is formally known as "Nanuet Senior High School: The John P. Burke Building," named after the school's long-time principal. The Nanuet Senior High School houses grades 9 - 12. Its leadership team consists of a Principal and an Assistant Principal. In addition there are four guidance counselors, a Dean, a nurse, a student assistance counselor, a psychologist, a School Resource Officer, and department chairpersons. It is also a National Blue Ribbon School.
Nanuet's program offers courses in Art, English, French, Health, Math, Music, Physical Education, Science, Social Studies, Spanish and Technology.
Athletic teams are usually referred to as the "Nanuet Golden Knights."
- Cross Country
- Field Hockey (girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Track and Field
- Wrestling (boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Baseball (boys)
- Charlie Adler: Known for his work on such cartoons as Tiny Toons and Rocko's Modern Life.
- Martin Bell:   Has been honored with 16 Emmy Awards and a George Foster Peabody Award  for his work on 9/11. Best known for his 20 years on Monday Night Football.
- James Maritato: professional wrestler known for his work with World Wrestling Entertainment and Extreme Championship Wrestling.
- Ronald Thomas (cellist): American classical cellist
- Scott Wittman: known for his work as a director, lyricist, and writer for Broadway, concerts, and television.