Heartland (TV network)
|Launched||November 1, 2012|
|Owned by||Luken Communications|
|Slogan||The Heart of Country|
|Headquarters||Chattanooga/Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Formerly called||The Nashville Network (2012–2013)|
Heartland is an American country music-oriented digital broadcast television network that is owned by Luken Communications and broadcast out of Chattanooga, TN. Launched on April 16, 2012, the network began in 2012 as a revival of The Nashville Network (TNN) that existed as a basic cable and satellite television network from March 7, 1983 to September 24, 2000.
- 1 History
- 2 Programming
- 3 Affiliates
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
On April 16, 2012, Luken Communications and Jim Owens Entertainment announced a joint venture to relaunch The Nashville Network as a digital broadcast television network on November 1, 2012 with the network to carry much of the original TNN's programming, including Music City Tonight, Crook & Chase, Yesteryear and (in cooperation with the Country Music Hall of Fame) Nashville Now, as well as new and original programming.
In October 2013, the partnership between Jim Owens Entertainment and Luken Communications ended and the network was rebranded as Heartland, carrying much of the same programming and format.
Programming that aired on the new Nashville Network included shows such as Nashville Now, Crook & Chase, Music City Tonight, The Rick and Bubba Show, and Larry's Country Diner. Much of the same programming continued to air after the rebrand to Heartland. New series added to the network include Rise Up Country with John Ritter, Reflections, and four hours per day of live Coffee, Country & Cody from WSM Radio in Nashville.
As of June 2016, Network affiliates include:
|San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose||KMMC-LD||40.5|
† Any launch dates noted are subject to change.
- Great American Country – former competitor and current home to some former TNN programs.
- RFD-TV – a network launched in 2000, carrying reruns of several shows originally aired on TNN.
- Country Music Television – a similar channel.
- The Country Network – another digital subchannel that exclusively features country music videos.
- TNN Returns!
- "TNN to Air Rick & Bubba Morning Show". All Access. September 19, 2012. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- "Jim Owens Entertainment ends licensing deal with Luken". Radio & Television Business Report. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Crook and Chase Stars Join Luken Communications at NAB to Announce the Return of The Nashville Network". Yahoo News. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Reynolds, Mike (April 16, 2012). "NAB: The Nashville Network Eyes New Verses as Digital Broadcast Network". Multichannel News. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "The Nashville Network Returns". The Chattanoogan. April 16, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Nashville Network Now The Heartland Network, TVNewsCheck, October 18, 2013.