|No. 46, 85, 82, 80, 89|
|Born:||October 7, 1981|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Roncalli (Indianapolis, Indiana)|
|NFL Draft:||2004 / Round: 6 / Pick: 181|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Nathan Earl "Nate" Lawrie (born October 7, 1981) is a former American football tight end. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round of the 2004 NFL Draft. He played college football at Yale University.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Lawrie attended Roncalli High School in Indianapolis, Indiana and earned three varsity letters in football and track and field, and two varsity letters in basketball. In football, as a senior, Lawrie helped to lead his team to the Class 3A State Championship and an undefeated 15-0 record. In track and field, as a senior, he finished third in both the discus and shot put at the State Finals and was named his team's Most Valuable Field Athlete.
Lawrie played football collegiately at Yale University, from where he graduated in 2004 with a degree in political science. In his senior year he made 72 receptions, the most in a season by a Yale tight end.
First stint with Buccaneers
First stint with Eagles
Second stint with Buccaneers
Lawrie was re-signed to the Buccaneers' practice squad on September 29, 2004. He was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster on December 14. He was waived and re-signed to the practice squad on November 16, 2005. He was promoted to the active roster on November 25. He was waived on December 3.
New Orleans Saints
The New Orleans Saints claimed Lawrie off waivers near the end of the 2005 season on December 6, and he averaged 16 yards per catch, all of which were for first downs. He was waived on November 21, 2006.
First stint with Bengals
Lawrie was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals to a one-year contract on August 2, 2007. He was waived on September 11 and was re-signed to the practice squad on September 13. He was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster on November 7. He played in three games during the 2007 season. He was released on August 30, 2008.
Lawrie was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad on September 1, 2008. He was waived from the practice squad on September 9.
Second stint with Bengals
Second stint with Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
- Stroud, Rick (September 1, 2004). "Whittle's dealt as the Bucs trim to 65". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- Stroud, Rick (September 7, 2004). "WR Jones is claimed by Giants". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "TRANSACTIONS". New York Times. September 23, 2004. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "TRANSACTIONS". New York Times. September 30, 2004. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Bucs Place Tight End Heller On IR". ktvu.com. December 14, 2004. Archived from the original on December 21, 2004. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "With their kicker sidelined, Bucs activate France". St. Petersburg Times. December 4, 2005. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Bengals sign Nate Lawrie to provide backup and injury-thinned tight end position". Sporting News. August 2, 2007. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Bengals LB Brooks out for season". Sporting News. November 7, 2007. Retrieved 2010-08-09.[dead link]
- "Bengals promote 2 players". The Tuscaloosa News. October 18, 2008. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "BENGALS CUT RB PERRY, FOUR OTHERS". The Sports Network. April 27, 2009. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- "Eagles drop Martin Rucker". Profootballtalk.com. August 9, 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- McPherson, Chris (September 3, 2010). "Abiamiri To PUP; 10 Players Released". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- 49ers ink Nate Lawrie
- "49ers Trim Roster to 53". Archived from the original on 2011-12-24. Retrieved 2011-09-04.