Brannen at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin
8 September 1982 |
|Residence||Avon Lake, Ohio|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||130 lb (59 kg)|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||800 meters: 1:46.00
1500 meters: 3:34.22
He is affiliated with the Phoenix Athletics Association of Ontario.
Having been enrolled in high school in his hometown of Cambridge, Ontario, Brannen was only the seventh sub-4 minute high school mile recorder in the history of North America. Originally, Brannen intended to join University of Arkansas and their prestigious track program but ended up being recruited by University of Michigan, in the same recruiting class as Alan Webb.
|800 metres||1:46.00||Baton Rouge, LA, United States||31 May 2002|
|1000 metres||2:16.52||Linz, Austria||20 August 2012|
|1500 metres||3:34.22||Hengelo, Netherlands||27 May 2012|
|Mile||3:52.63||Eugene, OR, United States||7 June 2009|
|2000 metres||4:59.56||Toronto, ON, Canada||11 July 2013|
|3000 metres||7:48.98||London, England||27 July 2013|
|5000 metres||13:43.19||Palo Alto, CA, United States||31 March 2007|
- "Nathan Brannen Profile". Athletics Canada. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- All-Athletics. "Profile of Nathan Brannen".
- Nate Brannen sets Canadian 1000m record
- Official Result to the York University Track Club Twilight Meet #3
- SEHS. "Cross Country".
- Bigten.org. "Brannen Finds Motivation in Broken Bones and Broken Dreams".
- Kellsall, Christopher (May 10, 2012). "Nate Brannen-Interview-A Goal of 3:35.50".
- Hossain, Asif (11 July 2016). "Athletics Canada nominates largest squad to Team Canada for Rio". Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- IAAF Profile for Nathan Brannen