Nathan Brown (rugby league born 1993)
|Brown playing for the Tigers in 2014.|
1 March 1993 |
Fairfield, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||107 kg (16 st 12 lb)|
|As of 14 November 2015|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Nathan Brown (born 1 March 1993) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the National Rugby League. He plays at prop and previously played for the Wests Tigers.
Born in Fairfield, New South Wales, Brown played his junior football for Five Dock RSL and Dundas Shamrocks Junior Rugby League Football Club, before being signed by the Wests Tigers.
In 2012 and 2013, Brown played for the Wests Tigers' NYC team. On 30 September 2012, he played in the Tigers' 2012 NYC Grand Final win over the Canberra Raiders. On 18 July 2013, he re-signed with the Tigers on a 3-year contract.
In Round 24 of the 2013 NRL season, Brown made his NRL debut for the Tigers against the St. George Illawarra Dragons. As the Tigers had exceeded their second-tier salary cap, the NRL had to grant a special dispensation for Brown to play as neither team could reach the semi-finals. However, Brown was precluded from playing in any further games for the season.
On 2 March, Brown signed a 2-year contract with the South Sydney Rabbitohs effective immediately, after being released from his Tigers contract. He made his Rabbitohs debut in Round 6 of the 2015 NRL season against the North Queensland Cowboys. He finished off the 2015 season having played in seven games for the Rabbitohs, starting in the second-row on two occasions.
- "Nathan Brown". Nycdatabase.org. 1993-01-03. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Nathan Brown player results, scores, news and statistics". Rleague.com. 24 August 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Toyota Cup Grand Final Team Lists". NRL.com. 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Wests Tigers secure top young talent". Weststigers.com.au. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "NRL Late Changes v Dragons". Weststigers.com.au. 24 August 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- Ian McCullough (27 August 2013). "Transfer window on the NRL agenda". nrl.com. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Add Nathan Brown to Squad for 2015 & 2016". Rabbitohs.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Late Mail: Rd 6, 2015". Rabbitohs.com.au. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
- "Custom Match List". Rugby League Project. 2015-10-29. Retrieved 2015-11-14.