Nation Multimedia Group
|Traded as||SET: NMG|
|Industry||Media and publishing|
|Founded||1 July 1971|
|Headquarters||1858/118-119, 121-122, 124-130, 27th-32nd Fl, Bangna-Trad Rd, Bangna, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Ms Duangkamol Chotana, CEO:15|
|Revenue||3.2 billion baht (2015)|
|35.6 million baht (2015)|
|Total assets||8.2 billion baht (2015)|
|Total equity||3.9 billion baht (2015)|
Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited (NMG) (Thai: บริษัท เนชั่น มัลติมีเดีย กรุ๊ป จำกัด (มหาชน)) is one of Thailand's largest media companies. The company operates two free-to-air television stations, three national newspapers (English, Thai business, and Thai mass circulation), a university, a book and cartoon unit, printing and logistics operations, and new media and digital platforms. Its symbol on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) is "NMG".
Nation Multimedia Group was founded on 1 July 1971 by a group of Thai journalists with the launch of The Voice of the Nation, an English language newspaper. It was later renamed The Nation with the motto "Thailand's Independent Newspaper". The company later expanded into Thai business newspaper publishing and television media, both of which are number one in their respective news categories in Thailand. Nation Multimedia is a founding member of Asia News Network, an alliance of 21 media in 19 Asian countries.
|This section does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1971: Nation Multimedia Group founded to publish the country's first Thai-owned and managed English newspaper.
- 1976: Business Review Co established to publish The Nation Review newspaper, forerunner of The Nation.
- 1987: Krungthep Turakij (Thai: กรุงเทพธุรกิจ; rtgs: Krungthep Thurakit) launched as a daily Thai-language business newspaper.
- 1988: Company renamed "Nation Publishing Group Co Ltd" in preparation for listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET).
- 1990: License received to locally print and distribute The Asian Wall Street Journal and Yomiuri Shimbun.
- 1992: Nation Radio established and two new publications launched, Nation Weekender and Nation Junior.
- 1996: Company renamed "Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited".
- 2000: Nation Channel, Thailand's first 24-hour news television station began broadcasts.
- 2001: Kom Chad Luek (Thai: คมชัดลึก; rtgs: Khom Chat Luek) launched as a daily Thai-language mass-circulation newspaper.
- 2002: Nation Books established to support rising demand in the paperback industry.
- 2005: WPS (Thailand) Co Ltd established to handle the printing business.
- 2006: Kyodo Nation Printing Services Co Ltd launched to provide commercial printing services.
- 2011: Nation U Co Ltd established to operate Nation University.
- 2013: Licenses received to operate two digital television channels, "NOW 26" and "Nation TV".
The Nation Group operates eight business units:
- Thai-language Business News Unit, Krungthep Media Company Limited (KTM):41-41
- General Thai News Business Unit, Kom Chad Luek Media Company Limited (KMM):42
- English News Business Unit, Nation News Network Company Limited (NNN):43
- Digital TV Business Unit
- Edutainment and International Business Business Unit, Nation International Edutainment PLC.:54-56
- Printing Business Unit, WPS (Thailand) Company Limited (WPS):57
- Logistics Business Unit, NML Co., Ltd.:58-59
- Education Business Unit, Nation U Co., Ltd.:59-64
The Nation Multimedia Group publishes the following:
- Krungthep Thurakij (Bangkok Business News) (Thai: กรุงเทพธุรกิจ; rtgs: Krungthep Thurakit): A daily Thai-language business newspaper with circulation in the 80,000-100,000 range. This paper is also popular with Thai intellectuals. Its political stance is progressive.
- Kom Chad Luek (Sharp, Clear, Deep) (Thai: คมชัดลึก; rtgs: Khom Chat Luek): A mass-circulation, Thai-language daily, with circulation in the 500,000-600,000 range. It was launched in 2001.
- The Nation: An English-language daily with circulation in the 60,000-80,000 range. Maintains a progressive editorial line.
- NJ Digital: A youth-targeted multimedia English learning.
- Nation Weekend: A weekly Thai-language news magazine.
- "NMG: Nation Multimedia Group PCL; Profile". Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Nation Multimedia Group PCL; Annual Report 2015 (PDF). Bangkok: Nation Group. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "NMG: Nation Multimedia Group PCL; F/S & Highlights". Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET). Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Limsamarnphun, Nophakhun (2001-10-29). "New paper aims to tap market's vast potential". The Nation. Retrieved 21 July 2016.