New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
NYS OPRHP logo
Albany, NY 12207
4,400 seasonal (2013)
|Annual budget||$385,693,500 USD (2014-15)|
|Parent department||Executive Department|
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (NYS OPRHP) is a state agency within the Executive Department charged with the operation of 215 state parks and historic sites within the U.S. state of New York. As of 2013, the OPRHP manages nearly 335,000 acres (136,000 ha) of public lands and facilities that are visited by approximately 60 million visitors each year.
- 180 state parks
- 35 state historic sites
- 67 developed beaches
- 36 water recreational facilities
- 29 golf courses
- 800+ cabins and rental houses
- 8,355 campsites
- 1,650 miles (2,660 km) of trails
- 24 nature centers
- List of New York state parks (Includes historic sites and golf courses)
- New York State Park Police
- Long Island State Park Commission
- Robert Moses
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Contact Us". Parks.ny.gov. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- New York State Council of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation (January 2014). "2013 Annual Report" (PDF). www.nysparks.com. p. 7. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "NYS DOB: 2014-15 Executive Budget - Agency Appropriations". Budget.ny.gov. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Commissioner's Biography". Nysparks.com. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Law § 3.03. "The office of parks, recreation and historic preservation is hereby continued in the executive department. [...]"
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (March 26, 2014). The New York State Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan and Generic Environmental Impact Statement 2014-2019 (PDF) (Report). p. 5. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. "Nature Center Search Results". Nysparks.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- New York State Parks
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation in the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations
- New York State Historic Sites
|This New York–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|