New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
NYS OPRHP logo
Albany, NY 12207
4,400 seasonal (2013)
|Annual budget||$385,693,500 USD (2014-15)|
|Parent department||Executive Department|
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (NYS OPRHP) is a state agency within the New York State Executive Department charged with the operation of 215 state parks and historic sites within the U.S. state of New York. As of 2013, the NYS OPRHP manages nearly 335,000 acres (136,000 ha) of public lands and facilities that are visited by approximately 60 million visitors each year.
- 180 state parks
- 35 state historic sites
- 67 developed beaches
- 36 water recreational facilities
- 29 golf courses
- 800+ cabins and rental houses
- 8,355 campsites
- 1,650 miles (2,660 km) of trails
- 24 nature centers
- Adirondack Park Agency
- List of New York State Historic Sites
- List of New York state parks (includes golf courses)
- Long Island State Park Commission
- New York City Department of Parks and Recreation
- New York State Park Police
- Robert Moses
- "Contact Us". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "2013 Annual Report" (PDF). New York State Council of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. January 2014. p. 7. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "2014-15 Executive Budget - Agency Appropriations". NYS Division of the Budget. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Commissioner's Biography". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Law § 3.03. "The office of parks, recreation and historic preservation is hereby continued in the executive department. [...]"
- The New York State Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan and Generic Environmental Impact Statement 2014-2019 (PDF) (Report). NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. March 26, 2014. p. 5. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Nature Center Search Results". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation in the New York Codes, Rules and Regulations
|This New York–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|