Naval Support Activity Naples
|Naval Support Activity Naples|
Parade at NSA Naples in April 2013
|Type||United States Navy Support Activity|
|Built||October 3, 1951|
|Garrison||U.S. Sixth Fleet|
|Occupants||United States Naval Forces Europe|
Naval Support Activity Naples (NSA Naples) is a United States Navy military complex, located at Naples Airport in Capodichino, Naples, Italy. It is under Italian military control and can be managed anytime by Italian authorities. It is home to U.S. Naval Forces Europe and the U.S. Sixth Fleet.
On October 3, 1951, the naval ashore unit Headquarters, Support Activities was created to support Allied Forces Southern Europe, and later the Sixth Fleet. In August, 1953, the support unit became Commander, Subordinate command, U.S. Naval Forces Eastern Atlantic / Commander, Headquarters Support Activities, and re-designated U.S. Naval Activities, Italy / U.S. Naval Support Activity, Naples in November 1957. U.S. Naval Activities, Italy was consolidated with U.S. Naval Support Activity, Naples on August 8, 1966.
Naval Hospital Naples was established at Agnano in 1967, and moved to Gricignano di Aversa in April 2003. In 2005 the United States Naval Forces Europe headquarters moved from London to Naples. Naval Support Activity Gaeta, established in 1967, became a detachment of NSA Naples on February 10, 2006.
- "Le basi militari alleate in Italia aspetti di rilevanza per l'attività di Polizia Militare". www.carabinieri.it. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Naples, Italy". GlobalSecurity.org. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Naples area naval hospital welcomes new commander". Stars and Stripes. July 15, 2006. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- Coon, Charlie (June 21, 2007). "Transformation: Navy shifts its priority away from the North Atlantic". Stars and Stripes. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- Media related to Naval Support Activity Naples at Wikimedia Commons
- CNIC Naval Support Activity Naples, Italy
|This United States Navy article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This naval article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|